Manager, Global Procurement
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all in this together. Are you a highly organized individual with past experience in managing the supply chains for international non-governmental organizations? If so, you may be our next Manager, Global Procurement.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain, on the Operational Services team the Manager, Global Procurement will strengthen LMH procurement practices by leading organization-wide initiatives and delivering high-quality support services requested by country programs. This role will partner closely with country teams, operations leaders, and global team members to plan and implement procurement initiatives to ensure adherence to industry regulations and best standards and minimize LMH’s risk exposure.
The position will develop LMH’s Global Procurement strategy through the development of best practice policies, processes, systems, and people capacity building to ensure compliance. Across LMH’s country programs, this role will lead international procurement planning and delivery services and drive service improvements to help achieve country objectives. Additionally, at a country level, this role provides high-level planning and systems-building support to country team operations leaders.
This position is only open to candidates who are Ghanian Nationals currently located in Ghana.
What You'll Do
- Lead International procurement process from planning support to delivery at destination, for procurement requests made to the Operational Services team
- Lead the development and execution of LMH’s Global Procurement Strategies
- Lead the development of LMH’s Global procurement standards, Policies, and Systems to ensure it is compliant to LMH’s Organizational, Industry, and Donor standards and regulations; and support countries to customize these to fit their context
- Offer technical support and lead capacity-building initiatives in the area of Procurement for LMH Operations team, globally
- Supervise and drive continuous improvement to international procurement through improved procurement planning, routines, and freight forwarding services in order to efficiently maintain the procurement pipeline and deliver on requests by global and country teams
- Work with relevant teams to standardize item descriptions, quality, and specifications for Program supplies
- Periodically undertake market analysis to expand the list of potential and pre-qualified vendors, as well as advise countries on International and Local sourcing options and strategies
- Support in the development and rollout of the LMH eLMIS and other relevant Supply Chain and Operations Management systems globally
- Develop and support processes for annual procurement planning by country offices and select Global Teams
- Support country operations with the design and implementation of Procurement initiatives in support of country strategy and objectives
What You'll Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Significant years of supply chain or logistics experience, preferably in the INGO or Pharmaceutical Sector
- Experience managing medical commodities
- Experience developing procurement processes with an understanding of international best practices
- Demonstrated expertise scaling supply systems
- Demonstrated experience in designing procurement workflows and implementing procurement systems
- Flexibility and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience directly managing employees, as well as proven experience influencing employees who are not in a direct reporting line
You’ll Impress Us If
- Strong contract management and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, tracking and archiving supply data
- Exceptional skills in problem-solving and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Robust understanding of best-practice procurement and inventory management techniques in limited resource settings
- Excellent communication skills in English (including synthesis & presentation) with diverse audiences
- Ability to develop accessible training materials and coach and train diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong & effective relationships in a multicultural and remote work environment
- Exceptional ability to work independently, setting and achieving ambitious targets with limited guidance, managing competing and sometimes shifting priorities, often under tight deadlines
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to their identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying for this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Salary scales are largely based on country-specific costs of labor and acknowledge geographic differences in pay. Indexing pay to country-specific cost of labor ensures that we do not corrupt local talent markets.
Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: Band 3.
ForGhana, the range is $20,000 - $40,000 dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.k. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.