ICT Specialist (Salesforce Lead Developer), P-3, Fixed-term, ICTD Digital Core, Valencia, Spain
The ICT Specialist (Salesforce Lead Developer) will be responsible for the delivery of CRM projects as well as the support and enhancement of CRM capabilities. The incumbent will perform hands-on design, development and implementation of products and features. In addition, the incumbent will be required to lead a team. Following the “build, run, own” strategy, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring applications are adhering to the highest degree of technical standards and will be part of the team that continually evolve the standards to support fast-changing requirements. The incumbent will be part of the global CRM community and user groups and will be a key member of CRM architecture forum. The incumbent will provide expertise in Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP), advanced Apex programming, Lightning frameworks/components and Digital marketing techniques. The incumbent will also be providing experience in DevSecOps, Salesforce integration methods and the automation of end-to-end processes. In the production support context, the incumbent will contribute to support best practices, root cause analysis methods, rapid response goals and automated release management capabilities. The incumbent should be a detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies. At the same time, the incumbent needs to successfully collaborate with multiple internal and external service providers and stakeholders. The incumbent will gain a deep understanding of UNICEF’s technology stack and associated business processes and be strong advocate for best practice, process standardization and simplification of technologies.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world.
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF’s Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through innovative technology-enabled solutions.
UNICEF is going through an exciting digital transformation that will influence the work across the organization. We are looking for dynamic, innovative professionals to drive the transformation and play a key role in shaping the way forward.
The ICT Specialist (Salesforce Lead Developer) is part of the Digital Tools and Platforms Customer Relationship Management team, in the Solutions Center and Support (SCS) Section in UNICEF’s ICTD Digital Core in Valencia, Spain.
The Digital Tools and Platforms team provides solutions and services globally in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Web Technologies and Applications Engineering. Our CRM capabilities are central to UNICEF’s partnerships and resource mobilization strategy across markets.
The CRM team provides solutions to enable digital supporter engagement, to innovate and support fundraising and to revolutionise fund raising operations in our offices globally.
This advertisement applies to 2 fixed-term ICT Specialist positions at the P-3 level.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the ICT Manager (CRM Solutions), the ICT Specialist (Salesforce Lead Developer) will be responsible for the delivery of CRM projects as well as the support and enhancement of CRM capabilities.
The incumbent will perform hands-on design, development and implementation of products and features. In addition, the incumbent will be required to lead a team.
Following the “build, run, own” strategy, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring applications are adhering to the highest degree of technical standards and will be part of the team that continually evolve the standards to support fast-changing requirements. The incumbent will be part of the global CRM community and user groups and will be a key member of CRM architecture forum.
The incumbent will provide expertise in Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP), advanced Apex programming, Lightning frameworks/components and Digital marketing techniques. The incumbent will also be providing experience in DevSecOps, Salesforce integration methods and the automation of end-to-end processes. In the production support context, the incumbent will contribute to support best practices, root cause analysis methods, rapid response goals and automated release management capabilities.
The incumbent should be a detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies. At the same time, the incumbent needs to successfully collaborate with multiple internal and external service providers and stakeholders.
The incumbent will gain a deep understanding of UNICEF’s technology stack and associated business processes and be strong advocate for best practice, process standardization and simplification of technologies.
• Deliver solutions by providing hands-on expertise as well as by leading technical teams and external vendors according to the needs of projects
• Onboard, orient, direct and monitor Implementation Partners on the platform
• Follow, enforce and improve the DevSecOps processes
• Collaborate effectively with internal and external service providers in delivering quality applications on time (e.g. Quality Assurance, Implementation Partners and others)
• Apply project management methodologies and principles that include consistent and regular performance metrics on project delivery and product effectiveness
Technical Design and Architecture
• Understand and influence requirements from business partners, design and build solutions following best practices and UNICEF standards (for example modular design, reusable components, separation of concern, high cohesion and a loosely coupled architecture and security frameworks)
• In upholding the reference architecture, engage in code and technical design reviews
• Provide quality, up to date architectural and design documentation
• Apply a full-stack approach to solution design through planning, testing, implementation, deployment and operations of end-to-end solutions.
• Understand CRM data practices and contribute to UNICEF’s data and analytics capabilities.
Technical Support Activities
• Provide advanced support capabilities (e.g. debug and resolve complex platform issues)
• Develop enhancements and deploy globally, following prescribed release processes
• Follow and contribute to specified production support processes and adhere to Service Level Agreements
• Ensure adherence to UNICEF’s information security and data privacy policies as well as other ICT security standards
• Continually improve the quality of processes and the application
• Provide meaningful application and process metrics by tracking and monitoring key indicators
Technical Standards, Governance and Best Practices
• Apply modern software development lifecycle best practices, including iterative and incremental development, delivering working software frequently with attention to technical excellence
• Provide expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
• Enforce the processes and guidelines as agreed with different parties. Ensure the team applies the governance consistently and accurately. e.g., User Story maintenance in DevOps, release processes, quality assurance processes
• Prepare application and software technical documentation, update procedures and processes as necessary.
• Document and implement best practices for source and version control, issue tracking, project management, and software interoperability
• Measure and periodically report on key performance indicators identified for the function
• Monitor and analyze key indicators and statistics of the relevant CRM technology stacks
• Record statistics and periodically produce a report on findings
Building the Future
• Conduct research and make recommendations on CRM, digital engagement such as MarTech, AdTech etc.
• Assist in tool and software selection and vendor evaluations
• Interface and collaborate with other offices in recommending new technology opportunities that will have an impact on fundraising, payment processing and digital communications
People Management and Leadership
• Strategically lead, develop, and empower staff and consultants under supervision.
• Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
• Assist the ICT Manager with work planning and estimations
• Promote positive culture of performance management, providing timely guidance, feedback and support to team.
Timely and effectively perform any other ad hoc duties requested by supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Information Systems Management, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is required.
• A first University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Good understanding of the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing and Community cloud) is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in building applications using one or more of the following is required: Lightning components, APEX, Visualforce and UI related coding technologies, Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API.
• Experience of business process analysis and translating business needs into technical requirements and solutions is required.
• Experience of architecting and developing complex and integrated technology solutions in Salesforce platform is required.
• At least 1 or more industry qualifications in Salesforce platform is required, with the Salesforce Application/Technical Architect and/or Salesforce.com Platform Developer II as a mandatory qualification.
• Experience in marketing cloud development (Cloud pages, AmpScript, Salesforce integration, etc.) is desirable.
• Hands-on experience of Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) is desirable.
• Experience with digital marketing including AdTech and MarTech is desirable.
• Experience of working in large data volume environment and managing platform performance is desirable.
• Experience in deployments and migration tools (Salesforce DX, CI/CD, Force.com IDE, Eclipse, ANT) is desirable.
• Strong understanding and use of Versioning tools such as Bitbucket, SVN, GitHub or Azure Git and experience with Salesforce release management is desirable.
• Experience with Salesforce integration API’s and bulk is desirable.
• Experience with Payment Service Provider integration is desirable.
• Experience working with payment service provider (PSP) and tokenization service provider (TSP) is desirable.
• Ability to foster excellent work relationships and build alliance with key stakeholders is desirable.
• Knowledge of integration with Payment Service providers, PCI compliance and other payment security protocols is desirable.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others (8) Nurtures, leads and manages people.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels:competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for International Professional positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Priority consideration will be given to eligible staff members participating in 2022 Mobility Exercise and Staff on Abolished post.