Overall purpose of the role:
Under the overall guidance of the HR and Administration Manager, provide specialist support, coordination and advice related to Human Resources within Sudan operations, in order to ensure efficient implementation of and compliance with DRC policies, tools and processes.
The HRAS will play a key role in ensuring that DRC’s Global HR Strategy and all global people policies are contextualized and implemented in the operations.
This position requires frequent travels from the country office to the field offices and sometimes with a very short notice
Recruitment & On-boarding:
- In consultation/coordination with direct supervisor, the HRAS will be the HR focal person for all national recruitments, that includes screening, written tests, interviews, reference checks and job offers.
- Lead on developing proactive approaches to talent identification within the recruitment process.
- Make sure each field office is using properly HR Recruiter Talent Manager website. Provide training of the tool if necessary.
- Define and ensure proper onboarding process for new staff, in Khartoum office as well as provide support to the field offices.
- Coordinate and organize inductions on country level and support at the field level on a regular basis, including coordination with facilitators and participants.
- Ensure that Job Offers along with the support documents (Reference/s, job offers, updated Job description etc.) are sent to the HRO to draft the employment contract for all national, meanwhile revise before sending it for Country Director approval, ensure that all staff have their employments cycle with DRC Sudan updated.
- In coordination with the HR/Admin Manager/HoSS Handle all recruitment requests including sourcing of candidates, filing, testing and interviewing candidates, conducting reference checks, preparing offers, and negotiating salaries.
Learning & Development
- Regularly/periodically conduct capacity assessment using the DRC tools in the country office and provide full support to HR focal persons in the field offices to do the assessment.
- Go-to person for learning & development, including completion of annual capacity gap analysis and training plan.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue and developing and rolling-out a leadership development programme and country-wide internship programme.
- Support managers & staff with performance management and review processes, including presenting the process and making sure managers are adhering to it
- Provide support in disciplinary procedures, ensuring it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance with local labor laws when it comes to managing staff performance
People Planning, Compensation & Benefits
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
- In coordination/consultation with line manager, prepare the monthly payroll for Khartoum, and revise the field offices payroll, compile all together and send to concerned line managers for approvals.
- In coordination with the HRO ensure the national staff social insurance and income tax are paid in timely manner for Khartoum and the staff on the field offices level as well.
- Support the HRAM on the salary review process.
- In close coordination with the HRO support with issuing contracts, extensions, terminations and amendments for national staff
- Support with requesting new contracts or contract changes for expatriate staff
- Be the focal person for DRC Dynamics for all locations, give trainings/refreshers when needed.
- Update DRC Dynamics regularly, that includes, hiring new employee on the system, leave types, annual schedules, office holidays, benefit packages, etc.
- Follow-up and support managers and staff with leave management
- Assist managers and staff in understanding and using DRC's performance appraisal tool
Human Resources Policies and Support
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery
- Work closely with the HR and Administration Manager and the Head of Support Services to share information and provide support as required.
- Responsible of providing monthly HR and Admin report to the line manager/HoSS.
- Deputized the HRAM during absences.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
Minimum 4 years' working experience in Human Resources function with INGOs, UN agency and/or business sector.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Extensive knowledge on local labor law
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Excellent knowledge of ERP system.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
University degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Social Sciences
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Full professional proficiency in English
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- HR counterparts in country
- Competences: Striving for excellence, Collaborating, Taking the lead , Communicating and Demonstrating integrity