Systems and Network Engineer
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
The International Transport Forum (ITF) is a global intergovernmental organisation with 64 member countries within the OECD family. The ITF works to foster a deeper understanding of the role of transport in economic growth, environmental sustainability and social inclusion and to raise the public profile of transport policy. It acts as a platform for discussion and pre-negotiation of policy issues across all transport modes. We analyse trends, share knowledge and promote exchange among transport decision-makers and civil society.
The ITF’s Information Systems team provides the IT infrastructure, systems and applications in support of the ITF’s substantive work. We are looking for a Systems and Network Engineer to provide overall system administration of the IT infrastructure. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the IS Manager, joining our small IT team within the Management and Administration Unit of the ITF, helping to manage the needs of our 70 users and our Windows and Linux servers’ enterprise network. Due to the small size of our team, the selected candidate will need to have demonstrated and proven versatility in IT skills including user support, systems and network management, as well as Cyber-security.
Architecture and monitoring
- Design and implement enterprise-class IT infrastructure and information systems for the ITF, ensuring systems are secure, robust, and performant.
- Continuously monitor ITF IT Systems and analyse system and security events; carry out advanced incidents troubleshooting.
- Work in close collaboration with the support specialist to ensure the successful delivery of application solutions.
- Work in close collaboration with the support specialist to design and implement user support services, including desktop provisioning and user authentication services.
- Provide assistance to the user support specialist to help solve users’ technical problems.
- Analyse and identify business and user requirements, recommend the development and integration of new technologies to help improve IT systems, and implement new hardware, operating systems, or IT solutions in support of the ITF work programme.
- Provide advanced diagnostics and solve any technical problems related to the IT infrastructure and network, including the end-user computing environment.
- Provide system administration for core Windows network services.
- Maintain IT infrastructure elements, and all related components, in good working order, with a particular focus on the storage and virtual environments, ensuring all systems are kept up-to-date and are performing at optimal levels.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A university degree in computer science or information technology.
Professional Background and skills
- Minimum three, preferably five to seven, years’ professional experience in designing, building, and managing IT systems and infrastructures using mainly Microsoft technologies.
- Proven work experience on Microsoft technologies\: Active Directory, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 onwards, Office 365, Exchange.
- Proven work experience on VmWare technologies\: VSphere, VmWare IDP, Unified Gateways solutions.
- Proven work experience on LAMP environment \: Linux,Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python.
- Extensive experience in the use of data centre technologies, including overall design and implementation, and with deployment and management of industry-standard operating systems, databases, and applications servers.
- Experience in providing input into the design of complex technical solutions and in the design and implementation of secure IT architectures and security best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in presenting to diverse audiences.
- Proven experience in the use of Unified Endpoint Management solutions, preferably Symantec Altiris, and Workspace One UEM solution
- Proven experience in the use of a systems supervision solution.
- Professional certifications in IT architecture and implementation engineering.
- Proven experience with Security Solutions such as Firewall, intrusion Detection Systems, Spam and Web filtering solutions.
- Proven experience with LAN/WAN networking solutions.
- Advanced-level knowledge of\: Microsoft Windows network services, including Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, Group Policy, X.509 certificates, PKI and AD CA certificate services management; multi-factor authentication systems; load-balancing technologies and solutions such as KEMP.
- Sound knowledge of\: VMware technologies such as Virtualisation platform and Mobile Device Management; IT security tools, including firewalls, SIEM, and IDS/IPS; the standard Windows application servers and database administration; Windows Distribution Services.
- Knowledge of\: SAN- and NAS-based storage systems and fabrics; virtual server (VMware) environments, and related systems.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies will be particularly important\: Analytical thinking, Achievement focus, Flexible thinking, Teamwork, Client focus, Developing talent.
- Please refer to the full list of OECD Core Competencies and the level 2 indicators.
A two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal, from March 2023.
- Monthly base salary starting from 4 938 EUR exempt of French income tax, plus allowances based on eligibility.
- Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
NB\: Short-listed candidates will be asked to take one or more assessment exercises to demonstrate their experience and skills.
Please note that our Rules and Regulations stipulate that the mandatory retirement age is 65.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries as well as nationals from the member countries of the International Transport Forum.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.