Re-advertisement of Consultancy - Supply Financing Roster - Procurement Services Centre (PSC) - Supply Division - Home Based
Procurement Services Centre (PSC) is seeking to expand a roster of consultants to provide technical assistance in the area of forecasting, planning and budgeting. *This is a re-advertisement. Consultants currently included in the Supply Financing roster do not need to re-apply
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, safety
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
Procurement Services Centre (PSC) is seeking to expand a roster of consultants to provide technical assistance in the area of forecasting, planning and budgeting.
- Map the Essential Supplies (e.g. Vaccines, Nutrition, Medicines) Procurement Budgeting Process to identify challenges in forecasting, quantification and costing of procurement needs (as well as develop budgeting templates, SOPs and methodology if necessary), and cash flow timing issues;
- Review, and as appropriate, support revision of the supplies forecast and consequent funding needs for the multi-year procurement of supplies and other vaccine-related commodities, including identification of the existing and possible sources of funding and the budget funding gap;
- Development of recommendations and propose a roadmap with short-, medium- and long-term actions to address them;
- Train the implicated health personnel on vaccine forecasting and budgeting;
- Support advocacy efforts for sufficient budget to fund supplies procurement needs through development of key advocacy materials / messages.
The above activities are conducted at the initial, assessment stage. Based on the mapping / assessment outcomes (and as stipulated in the roadmap developed as a result of a mapping process), further, tailored support can be deployed. The details of such support are identified at the roadmap development stage, and can include (as an example):
- Support in subscription to the UNICEF VII (Vaccine Independence Initiative) to help address cash flow timing issues;
- Further support in tools / SoPs / methodologies development / revisions;
Further capacity building activities.
- Deliverables will depend on detailed ToR activities, and can include (as an example):
- Mapping of the supplies procurement budgeting process;
- Roadmap to address identified supplies procurement budgeting bottlenecks;
- Supplies procurement budgeting tools, SoPs and methodologies;
- Advocacy messages to help increase allocation for supplies procurement
- Capacity building/knowledge exchange activities and supporting materials
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Business, Public Health, Development or Public Finance, (Health) Economics / or in another relevant discipline for health/supply financing.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum seven years professional relevant work experience in health fiscal space analysis, health/immunization financing, setting up financial solutions for health (including trust funds etc). English and working knowledge of an official language of a TA country will be required. Consultants proficient in French, Arabic, Russian or Spanish are highly encouraged to apply.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit:
- Cover letter
- Financial quote at a daily rate in US Dollars including all taxes
- Highest Education Degree (scanned copy)
- UN P11
- Examples of previous, relevant work
- At least 3 References from previous direct Supervisors ( email and phone contact if applicable)
Applications must be submitted through the UNICEF electronic application system by 30 November 23:55 CET. Please indicate your availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
UNICEF considers best value for money as a criteria for evaluating potential candidates. As a general principle, the fees payable to a consultant or individual contractor follow the “best value for money” principle, i.e., achieving the desired outcome at the lowest possible fee. Please note that consultants and individual contractors are responsible for assuming costs for obtaining visas and travel insurance.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: