Associate National Project Officer (Education)
Post Number : 5IQED0021PA
Grade : NO-A
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Erbil
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 05-DEC-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Only nationals of Iraq may apply to this position.
In July 2022, UNESCO and KOICA signed the project “Enhancing Employability for Vulnerable Youth in Ninawa, Iraq”, The aim of this project will be to enhance the employability of graduates in relevant economic sectors meeting the needs of the labour market in Ninawa through employment-oriented training programs based on updated curricula and upgraded facilities of Mosul Vocational Training Centre and two Vocational schools.
In the framework of this project, and under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Iraq and overall supervision of the Chief of Education and under the direct supervision of the Associate Project Officer (P-2), the incumbent shall support in managing and coordinating the implementation and realization of the project results:
1) improve the quality of provision of training within the 3 Centres of Vocational Excellence;
2) Improve private sectors links through tailored support services, private sector participation in the provision, and
3) Improve TVET provider infrastructure as a platform for demonstrating and setting TVET standards for excellence nationally.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Assist the Associate Project Officer and Project Team in implementing all and realizing the outputs of the project.
- Liaise with the MoLSA and MoE representatives in Baghdad, and Mosul to ensure effective communication and coordination with the government counterparts for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Build strong working relationships with the VTCs and Vocational schools in the 3 areas to ensure cooperation and good communication channels to allow the organization of workshops, training, and meetings with International and National experts.
- Support the establishment of Career Development Centres in the 3 CoVEs and the establishment of sectorial councils.
- Organize and provide quality assurance for the delivery of TVET in the CoVEs, working closely with government training institutions and national and international experts.
- Establish, manage and monitoring of contracts and relationships with multiple implementing partners/consultants/contractors covering the range of expertise required to successfully implement the activities, in compliance with the rules and regulations of UNESCO and KOICA.
- Liaise with and facilitate consultation between the relevant local authorities in Iraq, NGOs, suppliers and local community stakeholders as required and necessary.
- Organize stakeholder meetings and capacity-building workshops in order to ensure necessary competencies are transferred from experts to local practitioners.
- Support advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts for the Project.
- Prepare reports, briefings, presentations, and other materials, as requested by the Chief of Education / Associate Project Officer P-2.
- Undertake missions as necessary for project implementation in Iraq and elsewhere.
- Assist with other tasks in the Office, as requested by the Director, Chief of Education, and the Project team.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Education, Social Sciences, Civil Engineering or closely related field(s).
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience in education, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) or closely related fields.
- Experience working on education or skills projects.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the Organization.
- Demonstrated project implementation skills.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and sensitivity to the local context.
- Good knowledge of results-based and budget management tools.
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of standard office software.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic and English.
- Experience within the UN and International NGOs.
- Experience in Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for education.
- Knowledge of the other UNESCO official languages (French, Chinese, Russian and Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate annual starting salary for this post is USD 40,423.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.