20-013 | Finance Intern
VACANCY TITLE Finance Intern
LOCATION Rotterdam, the Netherlands
TERM Six months
INTENSITY 32 hours per week, 4 days per week
ANTICIPATED START DATE As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE November 25, 2022, 10 pm CET
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) is an international organization with the vision of helping countries adapt to climate impacts. We will achieve this vision by working as a solutions broker to catalyse action and support for adaptation solutions, from the international to the local, in partnership with the public and private sector, to ensure we learn from each other and work together for a climate resilient future.
GCA is a fast growing organisation with its headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with a Research and Innovation hub in Groningen and with regional offices in Abidjan, Bangladesh and Beijing. GCA’s global strategy is implemented under three pillars of Knowledge, Programs, and Advocacy. This role is within the Finance & Operations directorate, that supports and facilitates the operational units globally.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Finance intern is a member of the finance unit, the unit is responsible for the delivery of the organisation’s financial objectives and is expected to contribute to the financial culture, strategy and development of the organisation. You will support in the financial administration of the organization’s statutory accounts and support the finance team to bring professional financial management to the financial accounts team and the wider organisation.
Areas of responsibility
As a Finance intern, you will support and assist the Finance Team. Together you will be responsible for the financial administration of GCA accounting. You will get a clear picture of the administrative part of the organisation and how the monthly accounts, cost allocation, processing of payments and maintaining the organization’s receivables and payables are administered. You will be involved in the following processes;
- Process credit card payments; processing the admin, responding to information requests so that credit card payments are correctly recorded in a timely manner.
- Observing and learning from the processes of control and reconciliations according to the bank statements.
- Assisting in processing invoices from suppliers and staff, including the review, verification and allocation of the cost to the correct project and grants. Keeping track of statistical credit information, like the due time of outstanding claims and processed invoices.
- Assist in creating the payments of travel agents. This includes the investigation of claims from travel agents, coordinating with the front office and operations support team.
- Observing and assisting the creditors’ master file administration on UNIT4; controlling, uploading and
- of archiving supporting documents.
- Assisting in processing and archiving of partner reports electronic files.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: