Finance & Administration Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council,one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is present in Ukraine since 2014 and currently responding to the evolving humanitarian crisis - providing support in the various sectors including Protection, Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Disarmament & Peacebuilding, Shelter & Settlements and others.
DRC is looking for Finance & Administration Team Leader to join our team in Dnipro.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the supervision and support from AFAM, the Finance and Administration Team Leader will manage the day-to-day finance and administrative unit for East area office. The F&A TL will lead and line manage team of junior finance and administration staff, allocating duties to ensure day-to-day tasks are accomplished on efficient and timely manner.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the finance, administrative and accountancy team;
- Supervision of the daily activity, regular planning and proper distribution of workload among subordinates;
- Responsible for people planning, performance, well-being and development.
Finance and Accounting
- Budget monitoring and forecasting – review budget spending and consolidate information required to prepare forecast;
- Ensure support cost are allocated (fuel, salaries, rent etc.) based on accountable cost drives backed with relevant supporting documents;
- Review documents and ensure costs are coded to correct budget codes and ensure costs will be incurred in line with budget available;
- Ensure all Ukrainian accountancy follows the Ukrainian legislation as well as reports made by accountants submitted timely;
- Ensure accounting entries are made in line with DRC internal guidelines and Ukrainian legislation accurately and timely by reviewing and approving journals before their postings;
- Ensure month end accounting is carried out including cash counts and bank reconciliation are on a timely manner;
- Validate Purchase Requisitions (PR) and Request for Payments (RfP);
- Assist with audit in each project;
- Actively take part in harmonization of operational work between Area and Base offices: sharing with ideas, creating tools, updating guidance etc;
- Act as a bridge between program and admin/finance/accounting ensuring that administrative, accounting and financial procedures are understood and implemented efficiently for the benefit of people in need;
- Providing other finance support in Area Office and prepare reports at the request of the manager.
- Organize and ensure administrative tasks – contract management of premises, office supplies, delivery of the documents, archiving documents (scanning, storing are done efficiently;
- Control the arrangements of transport and accommodation for visitors – hotels booking and train tickets;
- Coordinate the arrangements of trainings/meetings – renting of training halls, stationery;
- Work effectively with Supply Chain and program staff in procuring supplies (program/office supplies, stationery, etc.) and services (utilities) as needed in a timely manner;
- Other tasks as requested by AM.
We expect you to have not less than 5 years of experience in Finance & Administration Area. Experience of work in INGO will be an asset.
Required experience and competencies
- University degree in the related field or equivalent (Finance, Accounting)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Speech, couch and communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Accuracy in paper work
- Competence to keep negotiations
- Finance literacy
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Until 30/12/2023 with 3 months of probation period with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Level G management
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Though external and internal candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position, in case of equal level of qualifications and interview performance the preference will be given to an internal candidate. Closing date for applications: December 4th, 2022.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.