People Development Intern
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, reduction of inequalities, and exclusion while protecting the planet. UNDP helps countries to develop strong policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience to sustain development results.
Drawing on the diversity of UNDP’s client needs and partnerships, the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is the hub for the global HR function for UNDP, providing strategy, policy setting, guidance, and oversight. In alignment with the People for 2030 (UNDP’s People Strategy) and the People Development Strategy, the Talent Development Unit (TDU) at OHR is committed to provide improved opportunities for, and better targeting of, learning and development initiatives so that UNDP staff can reach their full potential and increase organizational capability and effectiveness
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and update communication materials such as graphics/videos/presentations for talent development programmes and social media outreach
- Maintain internal website information on talent development programmes and events.
- Support the creation of Podcasts on UNDP’s talents (recording interviews, and editing content)
- Assist in creation and delivery of webinars using technology e.g. Zoom / Go-to-Webinar / MS TEAMS.
Programme Management, Design, and Delivery
- Assist in tasks related to programme management including enrollment, reporting, tracking, and responding to learning queries.
- Assist the team in the design and execution of capacity gap or learning needs analysis
organization process flow and data analysis.
- Incorporate adult learning theory, visual design principles and accessibility guidelines to design and develop interactive eLearning modules/online training materials.
- Assess and curate talent development content on various platforms (e.g. Coursera, LinkedIn Learning.)
- Conduct research on topics related to talent and organizational development e.g. identify suitable digital learning technologies, platforms, and tools (artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality)
- Provide support in programme evaluation and data analysis using MS Forms, Surveys, and Excel
- Support creating evaluation documents.
- Assist in developing high quality and interactive dashboards in Power BI with advanced tools and techniques
Operations and Finance
- Provide support in managing finance dashboard in Power BI.
- Assist in managing vendor payment details and record keeping of LTAs
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Required Skills and Experience
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNDP’s internships must meet one of the following academic requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: