Protection Project Manager South-East Myanmar (National Position)
NRC is looking for a Protection Project Manager to join the Myanmar mission. The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of the Protection project portfolio in South-East Myanmar. If you are a pragmatic, solutions-driven executive; with an action-oriented, execution-driven approach; and has a track record building and leading collaborative, engaging, and effective teams, then this is the role for you! **This position is open to Myanmarese / Burmese Nationals only**
What You Will Do
- Programme Implementation (coordinate and manage activities, budget, and project documentation in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements; ensure projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection; implementation of multiple protection projects; ensure meeting of targets and adherence to process and plans; provision of technical direction and technical quality; budget management; complimentary programming; timely reporting; and project monitoring and evaluation).
- Team Management (line management of project staff; mentoring and coaching; capacity building and transfer of skills; and provide technical advice).
- Partnership Management (identify new partners; provide technical advice and capacity building; support in achieving objectives and in quality programming and compliance, and maintain good relations).
- Proposal Development and Strategy (development of Country, Area and Protection strategies; development of relevant Protection projects; protection strategic planning; program development; revisions and proposals; and budgets).
- Representation (represent the organization in external coordination forums; liaise and collaborate with authorities and other key stakeholders).
- Compliance (ensure team compliance and adherence to policies, Protection and project cycle management tools, handbooks, and guidelines; and ensure compliance with internal and external reporting).
What You Will Bring
- Senior project implementation experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Protection experience.
- Complex, and volatile context exposure.
- South-East Myanmar context exposure and knowledge.
- English fluency, both written and verbal.
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected humanitarian actors in Myanmar that has a strong reputation with donors, embassies, clusters, and peer agencies.
- This is a chance to work with a diverse portfolio of donors and partners, and exposure to a diverse range of sectors and programming modalities.
- NRC provides needs-based protection to conflict, and displacement affected populations in North-East Myanmar through an integrated programming comprising of Education, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Shelter and Settlements, Livelihoods and Food Security, and Protection.
- Meaningful work, with a high-quality integrated programme, that that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC seeks to address the varied and complex needs faced by internally displaced people, returnees, and affected host populations through complementary programming involving direct implementation, strategic partnerships and consortia, advocacy, and referrals.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
- Hpa An, Myanmar duty station.
- 12-month contract duration.
- 30% travel, approximately.
- Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
- Learn more about NRC’s operation in Myanmar here.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- This position is open to Myanmarese / Burmese Nationals only.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. NRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and you meet most, but not all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- For any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Protection Project Manager South-East Myanmar” as the subject line.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: