Ethiopia Operations and Supply Chain Associate
About One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund works to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. In Ethiopia, we engage farmers in agroforestry and community-based seed multiplication to increase farmers' incomes and improving farming systems. Engaging with local actors at every step but bringing ideas from outside, we are making rural farming more market-friendly and environmentally sustainable. Our Ethiopian partner farmers have planted more than 30 million trees, produced over 1500 MT of improved teff seed and improved the futures of hundreds of thousands of their neighbors. In Ethiopia alone, our permanent team numbers over 150 with nearly 1000 rural seasonal staff supporting them. Our Ethiopia headquarters are in Addis Ababa and we have a large program office Bahir Dar, plus several smaller field offices.
To learn more about our work, take a look at ourWhy Work Hereblog for information.
About the Role
The Operations and Supply Chain Associate will be a part of our leadership team in one of One Acre Fund's fastest growing country programs. The Ethiopia program is poised to serve over 160,000 farmers in over 650 kebeles in 2023, to grow 20 million trees and expand into maize seed multiplication.
You will report directly to the Ethiopia Country Director or Deputy Country Director and will manage procurement, logistics, print, IT, field technology and data operations through a team of ~10 permanent staff and dozens of seasonal staff.
- Improve operations and help grow our programs. In the next five years, we hope to work with more than 500,000 farmers across thousands of communities. You will oversee the expansion of our operations systems to support this growth, improve processes to make sure we provide the best quality inputs to our clients and build internal controls and data tracking processes to help us manage our expanding operations.
- Find tech solutions to help us reach scale. As the technology environment in Ethiopia evolves, we are open to new solutions that help us reach more farmers, train our staff better and solve broad agroforestry and agricultural system challenges. You'll lead exploration, recommendation and implementation of new solutions.
- Lead Ethiopia's Technology and Supply Chain Department. You'll manage a modest budget and a permanent team of 10 people. You'll manage SOPs, performance management tools and goal setting within the department, then guide your team to success. You'll represent your department on Ethiopia's leadership (SMT) committee and participate in cross-departmental initiatives.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain activities (procurement, logistics, etc.)
- New technology or process roll-out leadership experience
- People management experience (at least one year, please describe your people management experience in your CV)
- Project management and interdepartmental coordination experience
- Solid tech and basic data analysis skills
- A Bachelor's degree
- Fluent in English.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Addis Ababa with travel to Bahir Dar and some rural sites
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
23 January 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.