Regional Communications and Outreach Specialist for Clean Cities Blue Ocean
The USAID-funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean (CCBO) project in the USA, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Regional Communications and Outreach Specialist. This position will be located in Lima, Peru.
The Regional Communications and Outreach Specialist (LAC) will coordinate and support the development and execution of CCBO’s internal and external communications initiatives in the region to ensure effective documentation and communication of program progress, successes, and learnings to USAID clients, program partners, and other external target audiences. The Regional Communication and Outreach Specialist will develop program communications materials, including written success stories, articles, multi-media communications products, and social media content; interface regularly with regional technical teams and grantees to identify and document stories and successes; support the design and execution of regional events; and support other program communications and reporting efforts to document and share program achievements.
- Promote and support the documentation of CCBO progress, successes, and learnings to further program objectives.
- Develop and support the implementation of program and country-specific communications strategies, products and tools, and support the organization of program events to disseminate and sustain CCBO’s innovations and investments.
- Engage with program grantees and subcontractors to ensure communications and messaging are aligned with program communication strategies.
- Support technical workstream counterparts to deliver relevant and effective messages to target audiences.
- Ensure consistent and correct branding and marking of regional communications, in compliance with CCBO’s Branding and Marking Plan and ADS 320.
- Support the documentation of program progress and successes through success stories and, per USAID contract deliverable requirements, i.e., Quarterly, Annual, and End of Project Reports.
- A minimum of five years’ experience developing and implementing communications strategies for international development, non-governmental organization, or private sector programs/clients. Prior experience working on USAID or other international donor programs is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication for development (preferred), communications, journalism, or other relevant subject area.
- Experience working with international technical staff and stakeholders to develop program communications, organize high-level events, and develop social media content.
- Experience with photography, graphic design, and/or video editing.
- Experience in the fields of municipal solid waste management, ocean plastics, circular economy, materials management, or recycling services will be a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written deliverables. This position must excel at translating technical content into materials accessible to a variety of audiences, crafting compelling narratives, and developing client-ready, edited materials as a lead communicator of a multi-lingual team.
- Demonstrated creativity in developing content, with ability and passion for crafting compelling and newsworthy stories.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work well independently and as part of a team.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/3icK7Zp
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.