Private Sector Engagement Senior Technical Advisor, USAID/Jordan Higher Education
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified Private Sector Engagement Senior Technical Advisor candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded higher education activity in Jordan. This activity will aim to improve the performance of core functions by higher education institutions (HEIs), including student-centered teaching and learning, research, and engagement; and supporting effective and sustainable collaboration among HEIs, industry, and government stakeholders to improve teaching and learning, research, and innovation. The Private Sector Engagement Senior Technical Advisor will be based in Amman and will support HEI improvements in private sector outreach and engagement for research-related collaborations, efforts to foster a robust entrepreneurship ecosystem, and tactics to close the skills gap.
Only citizens of Jordan or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of sustainable partnerships between HEIs and various private sector firms, associations, and networks
- Develop and drive tailored capability strengthening activities to support improved sustainable HEI-private sector engagement in both directions
- Ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical support staff
- Ensure activities are gender sensitive/transformative, aligned with positive youth development principles, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including private sector firms/service providers, industry associations, civil society organizations, the donor, program beneficiaries, and others
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; project communications; and project reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Jordanian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Experience working in the private sector and a thorough understanding of the Jordanian private sector and actors in high growth sectors
- Demonstrated understanding of private sector engagement principles and an ability to develop a vision for aligning private sector and HEI collaborations to improve teaching and learning, research, and innovation
- Excellent skills in stakeholder mapping, outreach, engagement, and partnership development in support of program activities
- Eight years of relevant and progressively increasing responsibility developing and maintaining strategic relationships between public and private sector partners and growing those partnerships with at least four of those years in Jordan
- Demonstrated success working with senior private sector partners, donors, international organization partners, and other key program stakeholders creating linkages and fostering long-term productive relationships
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships
- Experience managing staff to ensure timely, accurate and impactful reporting and communications
- Experience working on large-scale donor-funded projects (preferably USAID) strongly preferred
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as business or international development
Please click on https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/QXpurJogr6/Private-Sector-Engagement-Senior-Technical-Advisor-USAIDJordan-Higher-Education to upload a CV and cover letter summarizing your experience and includes your salary range expectations.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: