Grants Management Officer
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Grant writing
- Closing Date: Closed
Title: Grants Management Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (with regular travel to field locations)
Employment Category: H1
Reporting To: Deputy Program Quality and Development Manager
Duration: 1 year
Posting date: January 18, 2023
Required Employee: 3
Salary: USD 625.00 to USD 759.00 based on you work experience and educational qualification.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The grants management officer plays a vital role in making sure all DRC Ethiopia’s grants run smoothly and successfully by providing continuous support on new proposal development, contract amendments, reporting and donor compliance, documentation and communication.
- Support and coordinate in the development and writing of new proposals and revisions with the deputy program quality and development manager, relevant program and finance teams.
- Ensure compliance with donor implementation and reporting guidelines for all DRC projects;
- Ensure timely and quality reports that meet donor and internal requirements with support from program and finance staff;
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Communications Adviser to ensure that all visibility and communications activities are compliant with donor requirements.
- Keep DRC’s grant management system (Dynamics) and internal DRC documentation up to date with relevant project information and ensure all essential project documents are uploaded properly and timely.
- Ensure availability of hardcopy documentation for all projects.
- Draft Memorandum/ Letter of Understanding (MOU/ LoU) documents for all donor-funded projects
- Communicate with UNHCR, RRS and other key stakeholders regarding new projects and ensure timely signature of MOUs/ LoUs
- Coordinate the provision of notes/briefings to external bodies requesting information on DRC project activities.
- Work closely with program, finance and field teams to gather timely input for proposal development, reporting and other grants management tasks.
- Work with the deputy program quality and development manager in organizing project kick-off and close-out meetings and ensure complete documentation.
- Contribute to regular project implementation and budget follow-up/ review meetings and ensure adequate follow-up on agreed action points.
- Provide capacity building on grants related issues, documentation and visibility and communication activities for field teams.
- Other relevant duties as directed by the line manager.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least four (4) years of INGO experience, of which at least two (2) years’ experience directly on grants management
- Strong analytical, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability with project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experiences in fundraising.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems
- Good communicator and proven diplomacy with all types of stakeholders
- Experience of managing budgets and multiple donor contracts, particularly with OCHA pooled funds, ECHO, UNHCR, BRPM, and UNICEF.
- Fluent and articulate in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environments.
EDUCATION: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- English (proficient in both writing and speaking)
- Knowledge of other local languages an asset.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=166874&DepartmentId=19012&SkipAdvertisement=true under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than January 31, 2023.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender-gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: