Regional Child Protection and Safeguarding Advisor
- Organization: WVI - World Vision International
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Safeguarding and Accountability
- Closing Date: Closed
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Regional Child Protection and Safeguarding Advisor, you will provide technical expertise and operational guidance to ensure that child protection is in alignment with WV and relevant international policies and frameworks. You will be expected to provide technical advisory support and guidance to the Regional Office (RO) and Field Offices (FO) on the direction for the CP programmes, partnerships, key performance indicators, current & emerging child protection trends, and issues. On the Safeguarding front, you are expected to provide strong support to Field Office Safeguarding Focal Points, as well as FO and RO leaders, to build a culture of safeguarding within the region, and empower staff and leaders to become safeguarding champions within their teams. You will provide technical guidance to FOs on all aspects relevant to WV’s Child and Adult Safeguarding policy implementation and ensure compliance and capacity building. The post will also ensure timely safeguarding incident management in alignment with policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Legal, Human Resources, or Child Rights-related field, or field/practical experience working with situations of policy formation, guidance, and implementation preferred
- Technical skills: direct programming or management experience in child protection, prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), gender-based violence (GBV), and/or safeguarding
- Experience: Five years of project management experience in an international NGO; 2 years plus experience in overseeing child protection, PSEA, GBV, and/or safeguarding work
- Other: strong relationship building/network capacity, excellent communication skills, spiritual maturity in Christian faith, ability to influence, innovative, and proactive personality.
- Excellent English skills.
- 25% Travel required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply online**.**
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: