- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Khartoum
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: Closed
DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004, delivering life-saving programming in protection, emergency response, shelter, food security and livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, camp management, and humanitarian mine action. DRC has implemented projects in Central Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Gedaref, Kassala, and Khartoum states. Sudan hosts one of the largest displaced populations in Africa, with over 3.7 million internally displaced people and over 1.1 million refugees from South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Chad, Yemen and Syria. Against a background of political crisis, Sudan faces economic and social turmoil, with sharp increases in food and energy costs, further exacerbated by disease outbreaks and ongoing conflict.
About the job
The Administration and Travel Officer of DRC Sudan is responsible for managing Administration and Travel tasks for the national and international staff based in Khartoum and support other area offices as needed; the scale of responsibilities stretches on a variety of Admin/Travel functions in addition, he/she has also the role to follow up with Admin focal persons in other area offices on Admin and Travel related tasks making sure they are compliant with global policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a cleaning team work Schedule template to plan, prioritize and assign duties to cleaning staff on a weekly basis, ensuring fair distribution of tasks.
- Schedule staff leave time, ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for planned or unanticipated absences and peaks in workload. Hire, schedule and allocate workload to casual workers, as needed.
- Conduct daily inspections of office interior and grounds to verify that the premises are maintained to the highest possible standard of cleanliness.
- Identify needs for waste disposal, routine maintenance, repair or renovation.
- Maintain non-asset (general inventory) of office and guesthouses in Khartoum. Alert supervisor for any loss/damage and complete procedure for disposal.
- Work as primary contact person for cellular phone communication management including issuance of cell phones/SIM cards to staff, top-up and monthly payments.
- Ensure Booking the reservation request (UNHAS - Commercial) domestics and international ensure the department provide month statement from UNHAS, Travel Agent, Hotels. Etc. ensure monthly payments to travel agency are processed.
- Develop cleaning team activity checklist for cleaning team to report on tasks completed at the end of their workday.
- Conduct monitoring visits to the guesthouses to inspect the productivity and quality of tasks completed by cleaning team, as well as the functionality of equipment and the condition of the furniture.
- Review and verify cleaning team timesheets.
- Conduct monthly inventory of food, kitchen, office supplies and cleaning supplies for the office and guesthouses. Identify needs for replenishment and/or disposal; take proper follow up action.
- Prepare PRs for food products, cleaning supplies and cleaning. equipment for the office and guesthouses.
- Obtain schedule of expat, nation al staff and visitors' arrival in Khartoum, to ensure timely preparation of guesthouse rooms/apartments.
- Timely initiate requests for admin services such as drinking water supply, garbage collection, septic tank cleaning and other office/GHs maintenance services.
- Manage hotel bookings for visiting staff and guests, GH room allocation and timely payments to service providers.
- Arrange food and drinks for meetings and workshops, as requested.
- Oversee the arrangement of meeting space.
- Primarily responsible for the initiation, preparation, renewal, payment and maintaining property leases for DRC Sudan. Coordinates with field office for renewal of leases before expiry.
- Maintains lease matrix for all properties and submit to supervisor and HOSS on regular basis. Flags and action points to supervisor.
- Ensure all new appointed employee have DRC ID cards ready when joined.
- Any other duties and may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor and/or the head of the department.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of Administration and Travel with Humanitarian organization and/or corporate sector.
- A high sense of diplomacy and emotional intelligence; and an impeccable practice of time management;
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability; and a high sense of complexity and stress management;
- Good manipulation of Microsoft office;
- Good comprehension of Sudanese Labor law, Social Security and Compensation and Benefits;
- The ability to multitask and manage a diverse workload.
- Excellent communication skills in both languages (English and Arabic)
- Excellent working experience on ERP system.
- Professional/Certified on Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation and Excel/Excel Spreadsheet.
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- BA in Management/Sociology/industrial psychology
- MBA or industrial psychology is appreciated
- Internationally recognized HR certifications are appreciated
Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 1 year
Level: Non-Management – H
Location: Sudan , Khartoum
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 07-February-2023
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: