ACS-Project Management Officer (CRVS Projects)
Result of Service
The following are the major expected results of this assignment:
- Bloomberg Data for Health project and its respective components are successfully implemented in the provided project time frame.
- The financial resources for the initiative are efficiently managed and utilized in the provided project time frame.
- Coordination and alignment with key initiatives in the Commission as well as external partners is efficiently executed.
8 MonthsDuties and Responsibilities
Bloomberg Philanthropies Data for Health Initiative has provided financial support to the United Nations Economic Commission (UNECA) for strengthening civil registration and vital statistics systems in Africa. With the current funding, ECA will roll out a programme that will use the holistic approach to assess the adequacy, efficacy, and appropriateness of business processes in order to improve the performance of the civil registration systems. To effectively build sustainable systems, ECA will place well-trained and experienced national mentors in each country who will oversee the implementation of the project. This approach has proved to be cost-effective and efficient rather than using international consultants. The mentors will coordinate the joint implementation by the civil registry and health sector and foster team approach to increase death registration coverage. The mentors will work towards institutionalizing the CRVS system strengthening interventions into the country’s policies, work plans, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
Within limits of delegated authority, the Consultant will work under the guidance of the Chief of the Demographic and Social Statistics Section African Center for Statistics Division and will be responsible for the following duties
2.Duties and responsibilities :-
The key objective of the consultancy is to support the Chief of the Demographic and Social Statistics Section as well as the Office of the Director of the African Center for Statistics attain the stated objectives of the Data for Health project in close collaboration with other sections in the division.
- Developed a detailed project implementation plan for the envisaged project time frame and resources as stated within the project concept and funding agreement
- Develop a monitoring and learning framework for capturing good experiences and lessons learned from the execution of the project.
- Develop any other necessary programme management protocols and workflows for the project
- Gather project performance data and prepare period performance reports for the deliverables of the project as well as the financial performance of the initiative
- Provide analytical support and help to ensure that project execution in building capacity and improving gender CRVS is well-grounded and based on international experience
- Align the financial monitoring and reporting from ECA with that of the funding institution, Bloomberg Data for Health.
- Ensure programmatic alignment with other intervention in the Division on demographic and social statistics
- Support the organization of regular capacity development events and sessions with member states on CRVS.
- Contribute for the development of project communication and advocacy materials preparation, production and presentation towards publicizing and promoting the key deliverables of the project and its impacts.
- Coordinate outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars, etc., makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Serves as an effective spokesperson and establishes collaboration and partnerships with key officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- May perform other duties as required.
Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in economics, social sciences, development studies or related fields is required.
A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University Degree
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the other is an advantage. Knowledge of another UN Official Language is an asset.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: