Communications and Knowledge Sharing - Regional Associate
- Organization: GGGI - Global Green Growth Institute
- Location: Abidjan
- Grade: Junior level - X6
- Communication and Public Information
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: Closed
Communications and Knowledge Sharing - Regional Associate
In support of GGGI's Regional Program, the Communications and Knowledge Sharing Regional Associate will be based in GGGI’s Abidjan regional office. Under the guidance of the Regional Director, he/she will be responsible to handle Program’s communications activities by supporting the development of communication strategies and plans for program and projects including through contents development, media engagement, communication, knowledge sharing, advocacy, and outreach activities in an inclusive and environmentally sustainable manner.
The Regional Associate will also be responsible for managing day-to-day tasks including social media content development, public relations, and project communications activities as well as providing support for meetings preparation, onsite events, and other pertinent tasks. The Regional Associate also supports GGGI’s global communication and knowledge sharing interventions and is part of the Global Communication and Knowledge Sharing team.
- Develop, implement and monitor communications strategies, for the entire GGGI regional portfolio as well as specific projects.
- Communicate project results by developing project factsheets, messages, and visualization
- Following GGGI global guidelines coordinate and manage regional publication including Proofread, design, and assist in publishing of GGGI reports and disseminate these
- Manage the alignment with GGGI’s and donors communication guidelines, ensure visual identity aligns with GGGI’s identity and message.
- Review, edit, and copy edit GGGI knowledge products including reports and training materials
- Assess the quality-of-service delivery, anticipate challenges, provide remedial solutions to ensure service continuity
- Stay abreast of research and news relevant to GGGI areas of work and synthesize key messages for GGGI colleagues and key audiences
- Coordination and support of corporate, national level outreach and campaigns, harnessing different media to promote GGGI Regional Program
- Create infographics and other visual content for online and print
- Manage the design, editing, printing, and project management for program publications
- Research, adapt and manage regional program’s communications products to ensure increased reach of the GGGI brand
- Support in branding and event-organization at the country level, and regional level to connect and showcase GGGI’s priorities, programs, capacities, and impact
- Working closely with Regional program staff and support engagement of the partner govt ministries/agencies to ensure all materials including jointly branded ones are complied with our communications guidelines.
- Coordinate with GGGI HQ Communications and knowledge sharing unit and other Event teams, and facilitate the outreach and communications and knowledge sharing activities in the country
- Working closely with other members of the team, to support the development of project communications outputs as appropriate
- Support the country team on opportunity to improve outreach and promote program awareness
- Collaborates with other units and divisions of GGGI to ensure integrated delivery as OneGGGI
- Liaises with country teams and project managers in assigned region to ensure compliance with GGGI processes and monitor project/program delivery progress and implementation of risk mitigation measures.
- Coordinate and liaise with external vendors (i.e., printer, designer, etc.) to produce campaigns and marketing packages.
- Build and maintain relationships with service or goods providers.
- Develop Project Factsheet and Knowledge Products, Content Development, Production, Collection, and Dissemination
- Events organizing –Support the successful planning and delivery of events hosted by the Africa Regional Team during the GGGI’s Global Green Growth Week.
- Develop a communications plan to maximize visibility of the Program and its outputs delivered
- Draft and publish content on GGGI’s social medial platforms (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Support external communications around GGGI’s events, conferences and workshops and engage with local journalists.
- Maintain and manage program’s creative resources library, which includes photo library, videos, design templates, and content for program page on GGGI website
- Draft and publish summaries and snippets of key events and outputs as social media posts and for publication as reports
- Plan and produce innovative marketing and communication collaterals (e.g., infographics, brochures, social media post cards, promotional videos; materials for GGGI booths in exhibitions, online campaigns); prepare a periodic Program newsletter
- Work with related staff in the Program to assist organization and delivery of an events pipeline of the Program
- Support engagement of the partner government and stakeholders on outreach and communication issues related to GGGI Africa Program activities
- Identify and inform the Country Representative and project managers on engagement opportunities and effectiveness of outreach and campaigns
- Support production of briefing packages and communication materials for external liaisons
- Coordinate and liaise with related external vendors for producing campaigns and marketing materials, as appropriate; manage and direct photographers and videographers for producing desired contents
- Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of GGGI’s program work to respond to information requests from staff
- Observe ongoing reporting of active projects and mapping of communication activities
- Supports corporate and international gatherings and events which provide opportunities to share lessons learned from GGGI country programs
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., communications, journalism, public relations, international development, etc.)
- Preferably 4-6 years’ work experience with at least 3 years in communications and advocacy; 2 years of experience can be considered with a relevant master’s degree
- Experience in coordinating and delivering high-impact communication materials, preferably in a multilateral setting, is required
- Hands-on experience in producing communications collateral (using relevant software/tools, etc.) is required
- Grasp of issues and topics related to green growth, climate change, and sustainable development is highly desirable
- Experience in a reputable media or journalism entity is a strong plus
- Good grasp of Africa context; experience working with government or private sector stakeholders is a plus
- Experience of producing strategic communications for Ministerial-level delegates and C-level executives is a plus
- Experience in external relations and liaison management in an international organization related to green growth and international development is a plus
- An excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in French is highly desirable.
- Experience in online operational systems, such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is plus.
GGGI doesn’t discriminate between race, ethnicity, gender, and nationality. To promote diversity and inclusion, qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and networking skills
- Ability to liaise and work fluidly and seamlessly with relevant units and staff
- Highly organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize
- Dedicated team player, with result-oriented, pro-active, and creative mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform duties on time and budget
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team
- Takes a pro-active approach and work independently with minimum supervision to solve issues arising
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, especially to events that the Program is organizing or participating (occasional)
- Ability and willingness to work in a flexible and agile manner and deliver according to the demand of the Program
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership,
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
The Associate is an X6 grade level in GGGI's Abidjan salary scale. The X6 salary level commences at USD 28613 per year. Determination of base salary is subject to candidate's experience, academic background and internal equity. GGGI provides 15% of the base salary to the retirement plan/long-term savings, as well as 27 days of annual leave, and private health insurance that covers dental and vision.
GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges. GGGI assists staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and the well-being of staff members.
Based in Seoul, Republic of Korea, GGGI is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization- with 45 Members and over 20 countries and regional integration organization(s) in the process of accession - dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. With operations in over 30 countries, GGGI serves the role of an enabler and facilitator of Members’ transition into a low-carbon green economy, providing policy advice and technical support in the development of green growth plans, policies and regulations, mobilization of green investments, implementation of green growth projects, and development of local capacities and knowledge sharing. GGGIs Africa Regional work includes developing regional program and supporting country offices implementation focusing on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
Reporting to the Regional Director, and matrixed managed by the HQ based Head of Communications and Knowledge Sharing, the Regional Senior Associate will support the development and implementation of GGGIs communication and knowledge sharing strategies and plans in the region. She/He/ will promote the GGGI's vision, mission, goals, and results in creative and engaging ways building the visibility of the Africa Regional Programto a wide range of audiences.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: