SAP Finance Business/Systems Analyst, FINS
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title:SAP Finance Business/Systems Analyst
Type of Contract: Regular Consultancy (Level I)
Division: Financial Systems and Processes Support Branch (FINS)
Duty Station (City, Country): WFP Headquarters, Rome, Italy
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Finance is one of the core functions in WFP with a strong network of over 800 employees globally, operating in 90 country offices.
The new Finance Strategy 2019-2024 recognizes the role of technology as a key enabler for a successful finance function and a critical driver for its aspired digital transformation. The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen the Financial System and Process Support Team (FINS) by providing business analysis capacity to the Financial Helpdesk Team to ensure continuous and efficient system maintenance and scale up strategical finance digital transformation initiatives with a particular focus on Helpdesk activities and automation development.
- As part of the SAP helpdesk team, work under the guidance of Senior process experts to ensure the resolution of Finance and Budget issues related to the following SAP modules: FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-AA, FI-GL, Treasury and their integration with other modules: HR, Travel, FM, GM, CO, PS, MM, SD. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Receive end-user support request (ticket) and prioritize requests according to the criticality.
- Analyse, document and translate business requirements into technical for the IT Application Maintenance team.
- Work closely with Application Maintenance team during the implementation of system fixes and improvements, ensuring business requirement are correctly captured, supporting the preparation of functional specifications.
- Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
- Develop effective relationship with business process owner seeking to establish and promote partnership to ensure comprehensive delivery of the IT solution released.
- Facilitate the implementation of digital transformation initiatives such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation), digitalization of paper forms and approval flow, chatbots and others ensuring integration with Corporate ERP SAP system. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Together with Finance business owners identify digitalization opportunities documenting and analysing business requirement,
- Oversight the solution design proposed by the technical team.
- Conduct unit and integration testing and coordinate the User Acceptance Test and the deployment into production.
- Provide ad-hoc support as required in order to guarantee business continuity in FINS
- Other duties where required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
At least 3 years of experience in SAP Financial module implementation projects or application maintenance/helpdesk.
Excellent overall technical and analytical skills, critical reasoning and strong problem-solving skills;
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, ability to take initiative and be innovative;
Proven writing, editing and language skills, and an ability to convey complex ideas in a concise, clear, direct, and lively style;
Accountability, moral integrity and high standard of professional ethics.
Prior experience with multicultural teams and multinational environment is desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP's working languages) is desirable.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org
Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 1 March 2023
Please note that the deadline is at 11:59 pm Rome time (GMT + 1)
Ref.: VA No. 336207
Kindly note the only documents you need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter. Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: