Programme Assistant (Livelihood and Resilience) SC-5 - Karachi
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Project and Programme Management
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2023-03-26
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Livelihood and Resilience)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Karachi
Vacancy Number 599616
Date of Publication: 13 March 2023
Deadline of Application: 26 March 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals only. ( Internal to WFP Staff only)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance (relevant links).
*Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme.
Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
Programme Assistant position is based in WFP Field Office Karachi and the job holder will report to Programme Policy Officer (Livelihood & Resilience) under the overall supervision Head of Provincial office .
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of relief operation general food distribution, cash based transfer - unconditional and conditional -FFA activities within the specific area of work and timelines.
2. Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
3. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
4. Liaise cooperating partners and counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
5. Support the capacity building of the cooperating partners and relevant government line departments in line with humanitarian needs.
6. Act as a point of contact for relief operations (GFD) and recovery operations (FFA cash based transfers/ inkind), in order to resolve range of operational queries /issues and challenges within a specific technical area of responsibility.
7. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient delivery of relief, recovery and FFA - Food assistance for asset project.
8. Conduct field visit & monitor and oversee the project activities to ensure the quality implementation
9. Compile and share disbursement data with other relevant units at Field and CO level
10. Ensure annual SPR data to submit to Field/Provincial and CO management and relevant units
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
11. Facilitate mission to the targeted areas if any.
12. Facilitate M&E unit regarding the BFB complaints if any
13. Real time availability of estimated/ actual operational data disbursement report
14. Result based information’s will be shared on monthly basis
15. Facilities CP for the compilation of measure CBT- output data as per project requirement. Review the output data and share it with PPO - Livelihood & Resilience.
16. Reconciliation of all cycles data of both CNIC and Non-CNIC for further sharing with WFP CO
17. Follow up with CP for submission of the monthly invoices and reports along with the supporting documents.
18. Review and process the monthly invoices (Programme related information) and further sharing with PO finance unit for further process.
19. Close coordination with Service provider and CP to commence the timely cash disbursement and also ensure the arrangement of required payments
20. Review the budgets and proposal submitted by Cooperating partners, work on budget for FLAs extensions, Preparing NFR and other related documents for submission to CPC.
21. Assist PO and CO for monitoring of all activities planned or ongoing in the Province.
22. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
23. Manage systems for beneficiaries’ registration, tracking and distribution planning and monitoring. Assist the team in implementation of the SCOPE under CBT programmes/projects
24. Conduct regular field visits to support field activities and follow up of issues in field and report back for information and action.
25. Perform other related duties or assignments as required by Supervisor and Head of Provincial Office
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master degree in social science, climate change, DRR, project management etc.
- At least five years’ practical work experience in the programme monitoring and implementation preferably in relief, CBT (Cash Based Transfers) Livelihood and climate change project.
- Has the experience of working with technical teams (livelihood / DRR)
- Has the experience of implementing programmes relief and recovery operations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic understanding and knowledge of data compilation and analysis. Strong capacity to implement the project & capacity building session for Cooperating partner (CP), timely implementation of the livelihood activities, and other activities particularly in the context of emergency response/early recovery.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Urdu and regional languages (desirable).
How to Apply
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
This email is only to be used for any accessibility requirement in terms of application and not for sending the application itself.
This job is based in WFP Field Office Karachi and the job holder will report to Programme Policy Officer (livelihood & resilience) under the overall supervision Head of Provincial office . The job holder will be working as a team member in the Field Office to assist in all matters related to the relief operation, recovery operations and cash based transfer including the non conditional and conditional (livelihood intervention) in the most vulnerable targeted districts of Sindh and maintain coordination with stakeholders.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.