Bangkok | Thailand
Scope of Work
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reference Number: 230206
Position Location: Bangkok, Thailand or remote (+/- 4 hours time difference) for foreign nationals: COAR will not be able to support you relocate, apply for required entry visa and/or residence and/or work permits for Thailand
Reporting to: Finance Director
Assigned Unit/Team: Global/Operations
Overview: This scope of work (SoW) outlines the Operations Manager position with the Center for Operational Analysis and Research (COAR). The Operations Manager is expected to lead the Operations Unit and support COAR’s project teams.
● Leads various support functions that constitute COAR Operations; engages with senior management to identify priorities and gaps; contributes to and ensures the smooth and compliant functioning of COAR;
● Develops, manages, and oversees the implementation of relevant policy and procedures;
- Oversee HR and Administration teams; ensure accuracy and timeliness of associated requirements and deliverables;
- Act as focal point for external service providers (legal, office, etc.); liaise with leadership to ensure requirements are met;
- Oversee administration of COAR travel and, in coordination with Country Directors, ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Oversee Operations-related google drives; adhere to best-practices and common sense;
- Collaborate with project and country teams to ensure needs are met proactively;
- Oversee procurements and ensure adherence to COAR policy;
- Oversee asset register and procurement-related documentation;
- Work with project teams and HR team to recruit and contract consultants and staff;
- Oversee onboarding of new staff and consultants;
- Manage benefits when applicable;
- Ensure documentation and HR Matrix are up-to-date;
- In conjunction with HR Coordinator, act as internal focal point for whistle-blowing;
- Manage IT Administrator and ensure functionality of various IT platforms and tools (websites, social media, emails, drives, etc.)
- Ensure IT Administrator maintains up-to-date IT Security Policy; collaborate with country programs to manage country-specific IT security and contingency plans;
- Collaborate with Country Directors and ensure IT Administrator maintains up-to-date log of subscriptions and licenses;
- Work with COAR Country Directors and engage external consultants to develop and ensure implementation of Policies and SOPs, where relevant;
- Line manage support functions (legal, graphic design, security, business development) and ensure and timely smooth collaboration with country program teams;
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for the position of Operations Manager, candidates must have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
● A Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration, or other related field;
● A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in Operations, HR, Administration, or another related field. Experience with international non-governmental organizations or UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes is desirable;
● Excellent written and spoken English. A written test may be administered during the recruitment process;
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with and navigate different cultural contexts;
● Commitment to discretion and confidentiality.
● Ability to multitask, remain calm and patient, maintain a positive attitude, and pro-actively adapt to new situations and requirements.
● Flexible working hours and remote work are encouraged
● 18 days annual leave
Applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com quoting the name of the position and Reference Number in the subject line of the email. Applicants are welcome to submit a writing sample along with their CV and Cover Letter.
Due to a high volume of received applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: