Head Health Centre A
- Organization: UN - United Nations
- Location: Jordan
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Public Health and Health Service
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Org. Setting and Reporting
- Supervisor: -
The incumbent of this post is responsible to the Area Health Officer.
- Supervisees: -
The incumbent of this post directly supervises number of professional and general services staff members and/or other personnel in the assigned health centre.
The incumbent: -
- Provides general outpatient services and other special services, including maternal and child health, control of non-communicable diseases as well as for hospital referrals.
- Performs medical examination of applicants for special hardship assistance, newly recruited staff, periodic medical examination of existing staff and extension beyond retirement; participates in medical boards and ratifies sick leaves for staff.
- Manages the health centre to which he/she is assigned, including organization of services, personnel supervision, supply management and reporting.
- Directly supervises the work of medical staff and oversees and provides general guidance to nursing and para-medical staff in the health centre to which he/she is assigned and evaluates their performance.
- Maintains relationships with local community and local authorities.
- Ensures availability of medicine and medical supplies in terms of quantity, quality and validity; oversees ordering and receipt of these items; raises survey reports for items which are not operational or expired and ensures the destruction process.
- Participates in on-the-job and in-service training of other staff in accordance with the approved plans.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and
Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default.
- Relating and Networking
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Leading and Supervising
- A medical degree from an accredited educational institution including an internship of at least twelve-month duration.
- A valid license to practice medicine in the country of duty station (where applicable).
At least six years of progressively responsible and relevant progressively working experience. is requiredLanguages
Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.Assessment
- Competency based interview
Fixed-Term Appointment for 3 years; including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Grade HL08, Monthly Salary JD 1822& 500 Fils. plus, SOA 15% of basic salary, other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15.4% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance and annual leave:
•Dependency allowances (if applicable).
•30 days of annual leave.
•Compulsory medical insurance.
Department: Health Programme.
Duty Station: JFO.
Post-graduate degree or diploma in public health, family health or other related discipline.
• ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
• This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in Jordan, and within commuting distance of the duty station with authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of work permit in Jordan, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may be rescinded.
• Since the Vacancy is an Area Staff post, the Agency will not provide coverage for relocation costs.
• Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
• UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
• A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post.
• Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA's online e-recruitment system Inspira will be considered, and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a candidate.
• For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA grade level. To do so applicants should select under "Category" RLG, scroll down to see all categories, then select their local grade.
• Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic submissions will not be considered.
• The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst misconduct processes were pending.
• UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations.
• The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in accordance with the Agency regulatory framework.
• UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live.
• Applications from UNRWA staff member who had been demoted with deferred eligibility for promotion will not be considered.
• Applications from Staff members who were recipients under the Early Voluntary Retirement or Exceptional Voluntary Separation Schemes will not be considered.
• Applications from Internal candidate serving for less than one year in your current post will not be considered.
• The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or to change the contract Modality.
• Provided very good understanding of the context of Palestine refugees and UNRWA operations.
• A candidate is not eligible for consideration if he or she was short-listed and found not suitable for the same post within the previous 12 months unless the post description has since been altered by 30% or more, as determined by ODCS.
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: