Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer - Hatay
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Hatay
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: Closed
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
The MEL Officer will implement the M&E work plan and contribute to achieving and improving the quality of the programmes/projects. S/he will be the focal point in the programme for all aspects related to Indicator Tracking Table and M&E reporting system. The MEL Officer also plays an important role in data analysis and reporting and will work closely with the MEL Manager to ensure the quality of the programmes.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
Job Responsibility #1: Reporting
% of time: 45%
- Support in the process of developing Indicator Tracking Tables (ITT), including drafting, reviewing, and providing feedback.
- Lead on the process of ITT updates on a quarterly basis, to track output, outcome, and impact indicators and their measurement in the different sectors of relevance, including reviewing, following up with programme and Management Information Systems (MIS) teams, and reviewing inputs.
- Manage GOAL’s System for Consolidating and Reporting MEAL information (SCORE), including uploading grant information, and indicator updates for both GOAL and its partners.
- Ensure clean and complete partners Data Aggregation Sheets (DAS).
- Compile data and indicators at the project's level for reporting in a clear and concise manner, providing all required information for both GOAL and its partners.
- Assess the quality of collected data for indicators, and mitigate data pitfalls, issues, and ensure that strategies for quality data are in place.
- Report data quality issues to the MEL Manager/Coordinator.
- Support in developing results framework and log-frame, including indicators for simple projects.
- Organize the documentation of sources of data and means of verification for both GOAL and its partners.
- Collaborate with program for strengthening cross‐learning.
- Support Data Analysts team on analysing, visualizing, and writing the monitoring reports, if needed.
Job Responsibility #2: M&E Products
% of time: 30%
- Support the MEL Manager in the development of M&E data collection tools including documentation and tools visualization.
- Review M&E products, including internal monitoring reports and external Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) and evaluation products and tools.
- Modify/update forms/tracking system/data collection tools to ensure proper indicators reporting for programme activities as needed.
- Review Partners monitoring tools, to ensure all required indicators and questions are harmonized properly.
- Support the MEL Manager/Coordinator in the development of the SOPs’.
- Support the Data Analysts team with coding the tools on CommCare, if needed.
- Update GOAL questions bank with the support of the MEL Manager/Coordinator.
- Develop monitoring activities samples based on the MEL Manager/Coordinator requests, if needed.
Job Responsibility #3: Training and Capacity Building
% of time: 5%
- Deliver basic training to teams on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Provide training to MEL staff and enumerators on mobile data collection mechanism and software
- Support in identifying training needs.
Job Responsibility #4: Learning
% of time: 20%
- Responsible for documenting and production of best practices, lessons learnt success stories and other communication.
- Support the Syria Communications Officer in providing content for the GOAL HQ comms team on GOAL’s work in Syria.
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented. And support in taking notes during the learning session events.
- Follow up with different stakeholders on the actions generated from the Lessons learned sessions.
- Keep abreast of developments in learning technologies to ensure that GOAL programming remains agile and relevant, and in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to capture programmatic adaptations and results.
- Support the MEL Manager in preparing the learning sessions through visualizing and preparing the presentations or other tasks as needed.
Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- A primary Degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Information Management, Development Studies, or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with MEAL activities for humanitarian programming.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated practical experience in M&E tool development, data collection, data analysis and report writing.
- Advanced skills with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Very good verbal and written English skills, and Excellent Arabic skills.
- Experience in Mobile Data Collection software such as CommCare, KoBo Toolbox, ODK.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Turkish citizenship is required.
- Experience with Food Security, cash-based and livelihoods programmes M&E strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Sphere and Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Strong knowledge on Reports/Data visualization is a district advantage.
- Experience in using software such as PowerBI, SPSS, STATA.
- Experience in GIS is a plus.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 29 March 2023 .
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org with the details immediately.
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen derhal email@example.com adresine detayları da içeren bir e-posta gönderiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: