Regional Durable Solutions Coordinator
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and nonprofit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 40 countries around the world. DRC promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected with the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions. In the Middle East, DRC operates across Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Head of Programme, the Regional Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for leading business development for DRC in the region, including strengthening existing partnerships, supporting engagement with new donors, identifying new opportunities, and coordinating the development of concept notes and proposals at the regional and country level. The position will also provide grant management support for regionally-managed projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Programmatic Development
Grant Management and Quality Assurance
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programme development and grants management in international humanitarian context
- Direct working experience in ensuring grant compliance with donors’ regulations through training, monitoring and supporting.
- Familiarity and prior experience of working with major institutional humanitarian and development donors in the Middle East region,
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis to countries in the Middle East region
- Strong capacity to analyse and synthetise humanitarian contexts and programme response concepts,
- Ability to design, develop and implement processes,
- Ability to organise and run proposal design workshops, and to mentor and support country office colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate inputs from various departments
- Excellent organizational skills and strategic thinking Proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in engaging new donors with NGOs
- Previous experience in working with Middle East region will be an asset.
- English (fluent)
- Arabic fluency would be an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
Contract length: (12) Months
Position Band: This position will be placed at Non-Management (F) band
Start date: April 15th, 2023
Duty station: Amman with frequent travel in the region
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied / Family Duty Station
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates or Nationals. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Younes.email@example.com
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and
interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a
Closing date for applications: March 28th, 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: