Lead, Program Integration and Coordination
- Organization: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Toronto
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-03-31
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Program Integration and Coordination professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Canada Programs, the Lead will coordinate the successful project integration and reporting of the Canada Programs team as well as liaise with our Impact and BI teams.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide inputs in design of country strategies through working with the Country Head and other relevant colleagues in view to foster integration and consistency.
- Develop tools and engage with country team to ensure effective gathering of data and insights aligned with strategy goals and contributing to accountability internally and externally.
- Provide a central point of contact for key strategic reporting, prioritization and goal setting in coordination and support of the Country Head.
- Collaborate with Strategic Planning, Impact, research and other country teams in the development or implementation of new initiatives, streams and enhancing practices and processes for greater clarity and coherence across the Foundation.
- Communicate progress and learnings from programs to the Foundation colleagues and the wider community.
- Collaborate with the program and country teams to leverage synergies across programs and across geographies.
- Lead and supervise teams of program partners by providing coaching and support necessary for success and growth.
- Identify and help overcome challenges and other barriers to team effectiveness.
- Provide perspective and expertise on best practices related to coordinating and integrating project plans.
- Communicate progress and learnings to colleagues and stakeholder.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key internal/external stakeholders.
- Represent the Foundation with key internal and external audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ relevant experience.
- Experience working within complex, multi-sector collaborations, knowledge of Indigenous context and realities is an asset.
- Design thinking experience and planning, analytical skills, ability to assess and organize various data sets and sources.
- Ability to lead diverse teams based on the Foundation values.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is March 31, 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn