Digital Program Specialist - Data Management
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB is looking for a data professional who will lead Bank-wide data governance activities and foster a data-driven culture. Making high-quality data assets commonly accessible is vital to help the Bank make consistent and informed decisions. The selected candidate will drive the implementation and enhancement of data governance strategies and practices to ensure the quality of data assets, support the organizational data culture and maximize ways by which data assets can support the Bank's business objectives and needs.
The role will serve as a member of the Information Technology Department (ITD). This role is onsite in Beijing, China.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the refinement and implementation of policies, procedures and standards to enhance the existing data governance framework, e.g., metadata management, master, reference data management, etc.
- Develop and maintain data governance monitoring mechanisms to monitor and examine adherence to established rules and standards and identify gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement and automation of data management workflow.
- Establish and promote data culture awareness by championing the use of metadata, data curation, and data literacy promotion; and lead the data community around the Bank's data assets.
- Regularly convene steering committees to consistently review data governance and culture program objectives and outcomes and address any identified gaps.
- Collaborate with business and technical data stewards to ensure identified data issues are properly evaluated, investigated and solved, and facilitate data quality issue remediation and escalation processes.
- Provide data governance guidance and support to data-related projects, e.g., participate in data solution design sessions, and contribute to data quality-related operation procedure design to implementation.
- Minimum 5 years in data governance and/or in a data culture leadership role, working in cross-functional teams to build enterprise-wide data governance capacity and collaborating with both business and technical stakeholders to drive organizational culture change and realize tangible outcomes from data governance framework and data culture programs.
- Solid knowledge of data governance frameworks and implementation methods. Demonstrable record of implementing robust data cataloging, maturing, and conducting oversight over a data stewardship network; developing enabling policies and ensuring clear oversight, governance, and processes.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with various stakeholders and effectively engage stakeholders in data governance and data culture-related practices.
- Up-to-date with new data trends, and emerging data culture topics, able to adapt to evolving business models, and drive results.
- Previous experience in following areas is considered a plus:
- Data governance implementation in Cloud platforms and cloud service environment
- Financial industry data projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various audiences at different levels across the organization.
- Master’s degree from a reputable university in a relevant field (e.g., business management, data management, information management) or equivalent experience
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: