Digital Program Specialist - Data and solution architecture
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB is looking for a experienced data professional to join the data team, who will be responsible for leading data architecture and solution architecture design and implementation, with the focus on the overall data landscape of the Bank as well as data solutions from data curation, and organization-to-usage across multiple levels within the Bank. The data solution architect is instrumental in improving data and analytics capabilities by championing industry best practices and designing data and solution architecture to help the Bank shape and scale the future of data ecosystem development and data solution delivery, and further empowering the Bank to unlock data potentials.
The role will serve as a member of the Information Technology Department (ITD). This role is onsite in Beijing, China.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide the technical direction to the overall data solution architecture roadmap, and ensure end-to-end data and analytics solutions that align with business objectives.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining an optimal data pipeline architecture that meets functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Develop and maintain sustainable data models, data flows and controls to support data intake, transformation, and processing for key business areas.
- Guide the technical perspective for analytics solutions that use structured and unstructured data to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
- Lead technical analysis of data-related changes and new initiatives and communicate impacts to team members and relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, e.g., automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, enhancing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Conduct technical evaluations on external service and data providers.
- Operate in an Agile development environment.
- Collaborate within the data team - project managers, data engineers, data analysts and data governance, external service providers, etc.
- Socialize solutions to other stakeholders, including business stakeholders at various levels, Architecture Review Board, Security and Risk, Operations, etc.
- Contribute to data culture cultivation by promoting analytical capabilities across the Bank and proposing prototypes for data innovation opportunities.
- Participate in establishing sound data management practices for the team and the Bank, e.g., data model management, metadata management, master data, and reference data management process.
- Provide advice on data-related technical issues or data-intensive initiatives for the team and the Bank.
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a good sense of prioritization.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as data architect, solution architect, or lead engineer in data projects using the Microsoft Azure data stack or equivalent work experience.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, developing and deploying operational procedures and tuning guides.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge in data solution designing and implementation, ranging from business intelligence solutions to advanced analytics solutions.
- Hands-on experience in data architecture, modeling, data warehousing. Experience in financial industry applications is preferred.
- Proven experience automating CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps or equivalent work experience.
- Able to trace data performance/workflows and resolve technical issues with minimal direction.
- Subject matter expert in two or more of the following resources is a plus:
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Power Platform
- SQL Server Data Tools
- Data Vault
- Erwin Data Modeler
- Erwin Data Intelligence.
- Demonstrable track record in building deep technical relationships. Experience in aligning expectations across various partners and communicating technical concepts to various audiences across the Bank.
- Demonstrable track record in researching, prototyping and delivering data solutions for data innovation pipelines.
- Keen to work in a collaborative environment with a focus on team success.
- Fluent in oral and written English. Demonstrated ability to perform technical documentation is a must.
- A Master’s Degree in a scientific or engineering field or equivalent work experience.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: