Digital Program Analyst/Associate - Data Engineering
Digital Program Analyst/Associate – Data Engineering
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled, and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB is looking for a Data Engineer who will contribute to the design and development of AIIB's data ecosystem by implementing robust and scalable data techniques to establish and expand data sets and data pipelines, as well as optimize data services to support users across the organization. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will play a critical technical role in existing data solutions as well as bank-wide new data initiatives. The role will serve as a member of the Information Technology Department (ITD). This role is onsite in Beijing, China.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify new data sets, structured and/ or unstructured, both from internal and external sources; able to assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/nonfunctional business requirements.
- Create and maintain a scalable data pipeline; build new integrations to support continuing increase in data volume and complexity; build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources using SQL and cloud technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to transform data to the format that can be consumed by data and analytics experts for greater data platform functionality.
- Work with data power users, data project managers, and data analysts to support data platform operation and assist with data-related technical issues.
- Collaborate with data platform implementation teams to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Minimum two to four years of data engineering experience and proven record in building and optimizing data structures and pipelines.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Familiar with data engineering process involves distilling value from large, disconnected datasets. Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Previous experience with cloud platforms and cloud service providers (e.g., Azure) and cloud solutions/services.
- Experience in the following domains is a plus:
- Financial industry data modeling and engineering
- Metadata management, master and reference data management
- Machine learning development, deployment, and optimization process
- Message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Fluency in oral and written English. Demonstrated technical documentation skill is a must.
- Master’s degree (preferred) from a reputable university in Computer Science, Information Systems, and engineering or equivalent experience.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: