Program Associate, Communities and Governance Practice
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Program Associate to provide programmatic, financial, and administrative support for IREX's programs in the Communities and Governance (C&G) practice. C&G projects advance equal access to rights and justice, expand inclusive avenues for civic participation, and promote accountable governance. The Program Associate will contribute to critical program administration functions including writing and editing reports, assisting with compliance and financial management tasks, and supporting subgrant and contract development and monitoring.
Supports the priorities of programs in the C&G practice, including those in C&G’s closing and closed spaces portfolio. Tasks include writing and editing internal and external communications materials; supporting procurement, finance, subgrant, and contract approval and administration processes; supporting subaward management and compliance tasks; completing program vetting; and providing other administrative support.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years of work experience. Work experience may include internships or part-time jobs, or a combination of both.
- Administrative/office experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Experience working in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Experience working on or interest in civil society, gender equality and social inclusion, human rights, advocacy, or other civic engagement topics.
- Experience handling personal identifying information.
- Experience handling competing priorities or working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven administrative and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Clear, succinct, and compelling communication skills, including exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with the consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in English required.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Assisting staff with subgrant and contractual management, tracking subgrant activities, supporting subgrant and contract development and approvals, and monitoring progress made towards project objectives.
- With supervision, contributing to the financial management of subawards, and building foundational knowledge of donor and IREX compliance requirements.
- Supporting program M&E tasks.
- Supporting travel, event, and meeting logistics, as needed.
- Creating and/or managing project files and storage within internal file-sharing system (i.e., SharePoint);
- Compiling and tracking a wide range of participant information and program data, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
- With supervision, contributing to internal/external reports, presentations, and other communications materials.
- Copying and editing stakeholder and internal reports and other communications materials with meticulous attention to detail.
- May support senior staff and development officers with new business development tasks as needed, such as conducting desk research or contributing to proposal attachments.
- Processing consultant, contractor, and/or subgrantee payment requests, in accordance with IREX procedures.
- Assisting in fiscal management activities in compliance with IREX and funder policies and regulations, such as reviewing financial reports.
- With supervision, contributing to subaward and contract approvals, SAFs, consulting agreements, and purchase orders.
- Collaborating with team members across multiple projects to accomplish relevant tasks.
- Attending relevant staff trainings and workshops to learn more about IREX and USG policies and procedures.
- Other support duties as needed.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Remote work. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time staff who works from a worksite outside the DC metro area on a more permanent or ongoing basis.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: