Administration and Communications Coordinator
Oslo | Norway
Are you good at communications, organized, reliable and get things done? Passionate about the world, international relations, and global justice? We are looking for you!
NRC is an independent international humanitarian organization, with Head Office in Oslo, Norway, working for people displaced by crises in more than 40 countries across the world. We are a global team of more than 11000 dedicated people from many countries and backgrounds and our offices in Oslo are right in the centre of town.
If you are interested in getting into the humanitarian sector, this is a great and very rare opportunity to start your career in one of the best humanitarian organisations in the world without having lots of field experience.
The Global Programme Section is part of the wider programme community in NRC that develops and delivers the services we provide to people forced to flee. The team is responsible for providing direction and guidance to NRCs country offices on the services we provide; leading the implementation of a significant part of NRCs global strategy and; and developing and improving the system for monitoring and evaluation. It consists of an international and distributed team across three units (Programme Policy and Development Unit; Programme Strategy and Innovation Unit and Monitoring and Evaluation Unit) and includes world-leading experts in the humanitarian field. The position reports to the Global Program Director and would be supporting the section management team.
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for supporting the Global Programme Director and the section management team with internal and external communications and administrative tasks.
Some of your specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop communications materials for internal and external use – including content, layout and translations.
- Assist the Global Programme Section Management Team to ensure that content owned by the section on internal/external websites and information-sharing platforms is up to date.
- Support the team to be more effective in communications, selecting the right channels and format to reach the intended target.
- Assist the Global Programme Section Management Team with administrative tasks such as coordinating planning and reporting processes across the section, developing updates on what is happening in the section, organising meetings and minute-taking, and updating action item lists and annual calendars.
- Administrative support to seminars and meetings, including negotiations and engagement with service providers, organization of bulk accommodation and travel of participants.
- Coordinate the weekly “What’s up in NRC” webinars.
- Participate in and provide administrative support to the Global Programme Advisory Group and Global Programme Section meetings – take minutes, update action trackers and organise meetings.
- Be one of the super users for key NRC systems and tool (such as Sharepoint and Miro) and provide training to staff upon request.
- Contribute to improving processes and standards relevant to functioning of the section and the technical line on programme and M&E.
- Administrative support to procurement processes in the section.
- Manage annual subscriptions and membership payments in the section.
What You Will Bring:
- University/college degree in communications, international relations, development/social studies, and administration.
- Excellent communication skills in English – preferably also one or more of NRC’s other official languages (Arabic, French, Spanish). Norwegian skills are not required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High degree of service-mindedness.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments, sections and units in an international environment.
- Relevant work experience in communications, humanitarian/development Sector (desirable).
- Competent ICT user, including word, excel, outlook, ppt, SharePoint and O365, Power BI etc.
We know that you are curious and would like to learn more about this role; please click here to access the full Job Description.
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to develop, monitor, and implement NRC’s private sector policies and strategies in the German market.
- A full-time, 2 years contract with Oslo, Norway as the Primary Duty Station.
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions in Oslo, Norway.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We are happy about early applicants. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Job Title" as a subject.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: