Logistics Assistant (Fleet) Ukraine Lviv
Below is a summary of the role. Please download the Job Description for further details
Role and responsibilities
The Fleet Assistant is managing NRC fleets (Rented/Owned) at the area level. The Fleet Assistant will ensure effective use of the NRC fleet and coordinate movements with other AOs and CO.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to NRC Logistics Handbook and other NRC country-level policies.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor staff transportation and materials/equipment movements at the area level.
- Ensure that all NRC vehicles are in proper operational condition and coordinate periodic/Urgent vehicle maintenance as needed.
- Manage, train, and build drivers' capacity.
- Ensure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary movement logging documents.
- Ensure all NRC vehicles pass safety audits and safety equipment is available based on the HSS team recommendations.
- Ensure proper filing of all fleet related documents.
- Ensure close fuel consumption/Filling monitoring.
- Support Logistics Coordinator and/or Logistic Team Leader in managing, evaluating and reporting fleet management activities/performance.
- Ensure proper utilization of the NRC fleet.
- Ensure that the necessary information related to transport/fleet management is effectively shared and communicated to the Logistics Coordinator and/or Logistics Team Leader.
- Provide support in testing, training of drivers and authorized to drive staff.
- Ensure timely, accurate and correct data entry into the fleet management system.
- Follow up on vehicle movement and able to identify vehicle location at any given time.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports of vehicle/fuel use; prepare statistical reports on usage/distribution of vehicles.
- Make a Daily Movement Plan and send it to relevant staff one day in advance.
- Prepare documents for payment of contracts/per-diems when assigned by Line Manager.
- Report all potential fraud cases to the Line Manager.
- Supervise the Area drivers.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- English language proficiency corresponds to the appropriate task execution.
- Valid driving licence B and desirable C.
- Experience cars mechanic is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a humanitarian organization, is desirable.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates.
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicate with impact and respect
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- Learn more about NRC here
- To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: