Senior Technical Manager, CNHA
Senior Technical Manager, CNHA
- Job ID
- International Positions
- Employment Status
Under the supervision of Country Lead, the senior technical manager is responsible for coordinating activity programming, action plan formulation, presentation of JHPIEGO in-country, financial oversight, and business development activities. S/he is the primary contact for all information and requests for technical or programmatic assistance for all CNHA activities including involvement in in country NPD activities.
"This position is for Bangladesh locals only"
- Support JHPIEGO strategy formulation including development of objectives, roles and responsibilities of staff, outreach, and a plan for overall flow of information and knowledge.
- Provide technical leadership and set priorities for the program.
- Keep Country Lead informed on successes, challenges, and lessons learned in managing the CNHA programs.
- Motivate and mentor assigned staff and consultants.
- Write and/or review project report, technical components of materials and publications related to the program and its development.
- Represent JHPIEGO in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, consortium members and donors within the country and region.
- Delegate task to team memebrs or subordinates appropriately.
- Responsible for successful programmatic, technical and financial implementation of the CNHA project.
- Preparation and timely submission of all programmatic and financial reports to JHPIEGO and Care Bangladesh.
- Develop and modify technical work plans including budgets
- Review work plan matrix monthly with CNHA staff and Country Lead.
- Monitor and supervise the efficiency and effectiveness of the work of JHPIEGO CNHA staff and contractors in country, including those providing technical, programmatic, financial and administrative services.
- Ensure participation by country representatives in international and regional meetings in technical areas of the country program
- Conduct staff evaluations as required and support/enable staff professional development
- Promote country staff’s greater understanding of and compliance with JHPIEGO, JHU and donors’ operational policies and regulations
- Ensure that the program is working within resources available and that the program is fiscally sound.
- Identify, and provide analyses of, in-country business development opportunities
- Promote JHPIEGO business development through relationships developed with in-country, donors and the business community;
- Assist, manage, and/or respond to NPD as assigned
- Provide technical and programmatic inputs to new proposals as needed
- Participate in final review of all technical and programmatic portions of proposals developed for Bangladesh.
Knowledge Management/Knowledge Sharing
- Provide quarterly updates on the progress made, technical direction and approaches and successes of the CNHA project to JHPIEGO staff worldwide
- Support the Country Lead in developing and implement processes for providing JHPIEGO staff in Bangladesh with state-of-the-art training and transfer of learning in the programmatic areas of the country program
- Ensure field staff is included in sharing of information and knowledge and that flow of information comes from the field as well as from HQ.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Advanced Degree in Cilinical Medicine.
Masters in Public Health.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in successful field design, implementation and management of in country health programs.
- Technically expert in maternal, child, newborn, reproductive health or family planning.
- Strong planning, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train health workers, advise clients in technical and organizational matters, and supervise technical and administrative staff and consultants.
- Excellent English verbal, written and presentation skill and good communication skill.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams operating in complex environments.
- Good financial analytical skill and business development skills.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: