Secretariat and Operations Associate
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank, whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow – infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD 100 billion and rated AAA by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enable and promotes regional connectivity.
The Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB’s rapidly growing investment portfolio, which includes loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees, and assisting management and project teams to ensure portfolio quality. IMD’s main functions include (1) monitoring the entire Investment Operations (IO) portfolio and providing portfolio reports and data analytics; (2) managing the nonsovereign-backed financing (NSBF) assets that have been transferred to IMD; (3) coordinating the design and implementation of IT systems for Investment Operations; and (4) providing Secretariat services to the Investment Committee (IC) and facilitating the investment process.
IMD is recruiting a Secretariat and Operations Associate to strengthen IMD’s capacity for providing Secretariat services to IC and facilitating the investment process in light of the rapid growth of AIIB’s investment operations and the recently updated investment process. The Associate will report to the head of the IMD Secretariat Team.
The main responsibility of the Secretariat and Operations Associate is to assist the Head of the IMD Secretariat Team in performing regular functions.
- Reviewing documents submitted and making necessary editing and formatting before circulating them, collecting, consolidating, and distributing review comments and project team’s responses; preparing meeting agendas; drafting meeting minutes and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to finalize the minutes.
- Assisting in organizing and delivering the briefing/training sessions for staff on the investment review and approval process, including related IT systems, technical guidance and tools; and collecting and consolidating feedback for improving the process; providing support to the IC when it undertakes annual review of the process and helping implement any adjustments to the process as agreed by the IC.
- Coordinating with the front offices of VPs, IO, and other key stakeholders in maintaining and updating the Investment Program/Pipelines and preparing the quarterly IO indicative pipeline report for submission to the Board for information.
- Assisting project teams in the disclosure process of project documents and coordinating with the Corporate Secretariat and Communications Department for onward sharing with the Board and public disclosure, respectively.
- Supporting the IO Data Team in the business administration and upgrading activities of IT systems, including Investment Management Information System (IMIS) and Client Relation Management System (CRM).
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Director General, IMD.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience; experience in a financial institution and/or multilateral organization is a plus.
- Basic understanding of investment project cycles, from project screening, identification, preparation, appraisal, negotiation, to approval, including various due diligence and assessments to be carried out during project preparation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) with demonstrated ability to synthesize complex issues and discussions into written briefs.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in utilizing computer or mobile phone applications to collect, consolidate, and analyze business data.
- Effective ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated project management skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in the field of international relations, finance, economics, business administration, social sciences, or similar field relevant to AIIB’s operations.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: