Inclusive Education Expert, FCDO/Jordan BRIDGE Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Inclusive Education Expert candidates to support the FCDO-funded Building Resilience, Inclusion, and Diversity through Girls’ Education (BRIDGE) program in Jordan. This four-year activity aims to improve inclusive and gender sensitive education in Jordan, combat learning loss at the systems level caused by COVID-19 school closures, and to implement improvements in financial management and reporting at a systems level. Based in Amman, the Inclusive Education Expert will be responsible for supporting the strengthening of the education system for children with Special Needs and Learning Difficulties.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Support the Dono Coordinating Unit within the Ministry of Education to strengthen the education system for children with Special Needs and Learning Difficulties.
· Monitor and track progress of attaining inclusive education indicators.
· Undertake analysis of monthly progress against the annual plan.
· Liaise with the Ministry of Education’s High Level Steering Committee on Inclusive Education and with its Special Education Unit and relevant Technical Working Groups to strengthen communications, information sharing, and cooperation on risk assessment of inclusive education in Accelerated Access Initiative 2.0 programming.
· Work with relevant departments to ensure inclusion is mainstreamed in all teacher training, curriculum reform, and work at central, school directorate and school level.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A minimum of a PhD degree in special educational needs or inclusive education (or equivalent) is required.
· Demonstrable experience with teacher training and teacher recruitment skills required.
· Must possess screening and monitoring tools’ development skills, as well as teacher training and content development skills.
· Must have experience with the delivery of written reports to the donor and other stakeholders.
· Knowledge of special education practice in Jordan or neighboring countries required.
· Engagement skills with donor representatives and civil society organizations essential.
· Proficient presentation and communication skills are required.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic (with specific knowledge of the dialect from the Levant region) is required.
Click on https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/IuHphvw59f/Inclusive-Education-Expert-FCDOJordan-BRIDGE-Activity to submit your CV in English along with your salary expectations for consideration.