Risk Management Analyst
Department: 2024 Graduate Program, Risk Management Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Important Notice to Candidates: Early Submission for the 2024 Graduate Program
We appreciate your interest in the 2024 Graduate Program, and we welcome early submissions of expressions of interest. However, we want to provide clarity regarding the application process. Please take note of the following information:
- Assessment and Interview Schedule: Kindly be aware that our assessment and interview process for the 2024 Graduate Program will commence in February/March 2024.
We encourage you to refer to the annual recruitment process timeline outlined below for a more detailed overview:
- Acceptance of Applications: December 2023 to February 2024
- Application Deadline: Mid February 2024
- Selection Process: End-February to April
- Offer to Successful Candidates: April onwards
- Program Start / Onboarding: September 2024
Risk Management Analyst
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Risk Management Stream. The Analysts will rotate within the Risk Management Department and client departments to gain in-depth experience in monitoring and analyzing developments that affect current and future potential risk.
About the role:
The AIIB Risk Management Department aims to enable the Bank to fulfill its mandate to promote infrastructure and other productive sectors; ensure the stability and financial continuity of the Bank through efficient capital allocation and utilization, and comprehensively manage risks and reputational consequences; and foster strong risk culture by embedding risk accountability in the Bank.
The Risk Management Analyst (Graduate Program) will rotate in both Risk Management Department throughout the two-year program.
The analyst will support analysing and monitoring risk of AIIB’s balance sheet in accordance with the Bank’s risk management policy and appetite. He/she will conduct comprehensive data analysis, risk quantification and reporting, and risk monitoring and driver analysis. The analyst shall collaborate with multiple internal departments to ensure high-quality data and consistent rules/logics are used in risk reporting and metrics calculation. He/she shall also effectively support the continuous development of the department’s risk management platform and risk dashboards, as well as the enhancement of the Bank’s risk limit management.
During their rotational assignment to the Risk Management Department, the Risk Management Analyst (Graduate Program) will:
- Prepare daily/monthly risk reporting, with a strong focus on data preparation including data quality check, data validation among different sources, data supplement and correction, etc.
- Analyse root cause of data quality issues / data discrepancies for risk data mart (RMD) and risk management platform (RMP).
- Perform periodic review and update of reference & meta data for various modelling purpose within RDM and RMP.
- Support risk driver analysis of daily risk quantification.
- Support logic / methodology updates of RMD internal developed dashboards / reports.
- Communicate business requirements to RDM development team on new feature / small scale development.
- Gather and analyse data to support ad-hoc risk analytics.
- Manage the backlog and priority springboard for Risk Quant Team.
- Assist with user training and user documentation for RDM and RMP functionalities.
- Document business processes / risk calculation processes implemented within RDM and RMP.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, operations research, finance, economics, computer science, or other related fields;
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in credit, market risk, and/or portfolio risk management experience in financial institutions;
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis, financial market theories and products; understanding of financial markets and credit and market risk metrics; knowledge of financial models (such as PD/LGD/EAD, credit scorecard, economic capital, interest rate models, etc.);
- Ability to report and interrogate systems to produce analysis and resolve discrepancies/queries;
- Analytical and technical/statistical skills with proven ability to process large datasets into meaningful information;
- Strong critical thinking skills. Demonstrable ability to pay strong attention to detail is essential;
- Good team player with high level of integrity;
- SQL, Excel VBA, Python, or R programming skills;
- Familiar with visualization techniques such as Power BI / Tableau / Google Data Studio / Python Matplotlib, etc.;
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills in English.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.