CON 2017/15 - Learning Solutions Consultant
Position Title Learning Solutions Consultant
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Consultant, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 6 months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 April 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Staff Development and Learning (SDL) Officer, and the overall supervision of the Head of Talent Management, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable to provide curriculum development services in order to ensure that the IOM training curricula for staff follows competency based design criteria. He/she will also be responsible to improve IOM’s levels of staff accountability and performance through a curriculum based on Organizational needs and priorities at the Global and Regional level. SUPERVISION
The Learning Solutions Consultant will work under the guidance and supervision of the SDL Officer, and in cooperation with other colleagues in Field Missions and IOM Headquarters. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide in-house expertise on the development of curriculum design and development services, in order to ensure that the curricula follows competency based design criteria; 2. Review existing and future IOM courses and programmes and make recommendations or revisions for consideration of the specific Departments or Offices in order to ensure better impact of learning results. Ensure quality control in all training programmes develop for IOM staff;
3. Support the identification of learning paths and/or learning channels that facilitate a structured delivery of Organizational results;
4. Help identify, integrate and/or maintain up to date online learning courses, face-to-face trainings and other formal/informal learning activities for IOM staff members; 5. Design and implement different levels of learning activity evaluation and/or impact assessment, adapted to the nature of each learning activity. Create systems for the regular and effective management of learning activities evaluation. Use insight data and feedback to inform communications and identify opportunities to better deliver Organizational needs; 6. Assist with other aspects of the learning management system (LMS) administration and development in close coordination with the SDL Officer;
7. Act as a resource person for the delivery and implementation of training of trainers content, and provide coaching to staff members, especially in the development of training tools for classroom presentations;
8. Keep abreast of new developments in the learning sector and introduce innovative Page 1 / 3approaches to learning within the Organization;
9. Undertake any other tasks as requested by the Staff Development and Learning Officer. Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced University degree in education, pedagogy, adult learning, technical and/or vocational education, instructional design, social sciences, or related field required. Experience
• 5 years of international experience developing educational programmes based on adult learning principles and other innovative learning methods; proven experience in the development of curriculums, syllabus and learning programmes for international organizations or academic institutions;
• 3 years of international experience in delivery of trainings or teaching adults in academic or vocational contexts;
• Strong computer literacy, especially database tools, including experience in managing learning management systems;
• Knowledge of research methods, and basic knowledge of intellectual property rights; • Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines; Languages
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 02 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Page 2 / 3For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 20.03.2017 to 02.04.2017
Requisition: CON 2017/15 - Learning Solutions Consultant - Geneva, Switzerland (55010808) Released Posting: Posting NC55010833 (55010833) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: OTHE
- Closing Date: 2017-04-02