(Local Ni-Vanuatu Consultancy) Early Childhood Care and Education Minimum Quality Service Standards
UNICEF looking to engage a local Ni-Vanuatu National at the NO-C level to support the MoET in developing an ECCE MQSS M&E framework with compliance mechanisms and tools like indicator checklists for both ECCE centers self-assessment and MoET monitoring purposes in Vanuatu.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the ministry of education and training (MoET) to develop a costed comprehensive and integrated early childhood education (ECCE) monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework with monitoring tools based on ECCE minimum quality service standards (MQSS) in close consultation with ECCE stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels to ensure that ECCE centres comply with MQSS
Under the supervision of the UNICEF Pacific Chief of Education and with support from the Education Specialist based in Suva as well as the local education consultant based in Port Vila, the ECCE consultant will:
Consult with ECCE stakeholders, especially ECCE centers and ECCE committees, at the national and sub-national to identify develop monitoring mechanism for both ECCE centers' continuous self-assessment and for MoET to monitor implementation of the standards based on ECCE MQSS.
- Base on consultations, develop an ECCE MQSS M&E framework with compliance mechanisms including related monitoring tools such as indicator checklists for both ECCE centers self-assessment and MoET monitoring purposes.
Specifically, the consultant shall work closely with the MoET counterparts from the National Early Childhood Education Unit to:
- Draft ECCE MQSS monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework with compliance mechanisms and MQSS (self) monitoring tools.
- Field test ECCE MQSS M&E tools in selected ECCE Centers on Efate island and revise according to trial results.
- Organize a national seminar for government officials from all MoE departments, Ministry of Finance and Prime Minister’s Office, as well as development partners in the education sector to review and endorse ECCE MQSS and M&E framework with related monitoring tools.
- Write a report on the development process and recommendations for submission to MoET and UNICEF.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in Social Sciences or Education with focus on ECCE.
Years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of experience in ECCE development;
- Expertise in developing education benchmarks;
- Experience in developing M&E frameworks;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas in national contexts;
- Good facilitation and communication skills;
- Good versatility, judgment and maturity skills;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Previous working experience with MoET and UNICEF education programmes will be an asset.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Bislama required. Knowledge of French useful.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- To view our competency framework, please click here.
Detailed Terms of reference is attached EXTERNAL TOR ECCE MQSS Local Consultancy - Vanuatu.docx
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are to include the following documents in their submission to be considered:
- A cover letter describing how you meet each of the requirements listed above (max. 2 pages)
- Completion Expression of interest form attached. If you are unable to retrieve a copy of this form please forward an email to email@example.com. Applications without the EOI form will not be considered. ECCE MQSS Expression of Interest (Local Consultancy).doc
For any questions or clarifications in relation to the above consultancy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT forward any applications to this email address as they will not be considered, all applications must be submitted online on the UNICEF Employment page where this position is being advertised.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Port-Vila
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Education, Learning and Training
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-06-01