UNICEF PERU Position Title: EDUCATION OFFICER Country: Peru Job Level: NO-A (National Officer) Post No. 68607 THIS POST IS OPEN FOR NATIONALS OF PERU ONLY
Position Title: EDUCATION OFFICER
Job Level: NO-A (National Officer)
Post No. 68607
THIS POST IS OPEN FOR NATIONALS OF PERU ONLY
PURPOSE FOR THE JOB
Accountable for professional technical contribution to education programmes/projects design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and progress reporting. Commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
1. Accurate, complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation, management and evaluation.
2. Project efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
3. Progress reports and project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment, and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation.
4. Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
5. Knowledge sharing with donors and media promoted.
6. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration.
KEY ACCOUNTABIILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS
Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Education programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Draft sound Education programme budgets for review by the supervisor.
Advocacy for education equity policies
Compliant, integrate and analyze data and evidence that contribute for develop strategies to advocate in equity policies in education area.
Project Efficiency and Effectiveness
Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and Education project status.
Work Plan and Project Documentation
Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in Education project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
Project Implementation Information and Data
Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that Education project expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the project information and database. Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies.
Compile Education project implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and media.
Communication and Networking
Ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
• Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management.
• Team with local Government counterparts to exchange information on Education project implementation and status as well as movement and distribution of supplies.
• Support coordination with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to Education sector.
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field relevant to international development assistance.
One year of professional work experience at national and international levels relevant Education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
Background in Emergency programme an asset.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a National Officer post in Peru, opened only to candidates with Peruvian nationality.
If you are a National of Peru and your competencies match the requirements of the post, apply to:
Application deadline: Friday, 2 June 2017 at 23:59 hours, Lima, Peru time
Unicef is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds (particularly indigenous people), as well as persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Lima
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-06-03