Driver - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kabul - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- To drive the NRC Afghanistan office vehicle safely for transport of authorized personnel & goods.
- To keep assigned vehicle clean both internally and externally
- To carry out daily preventive maintenance, including checking fuel & water check (radiator and wipers), lights, tires pressure, horn and general inspection of interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- To maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as maintenance and making sure it is signed properly by the user & authorizing 0fficer.
- Ensure that all essential items in vehicles are available at all times (fire extinguisher, first aid box, spare wheel, tool kit and other items as suggested by security).
- Ensure that HF and VHF radios are working properly, report faults if broken.
- To undertake errands as requested.
- To perform as a duty driver at non-official time if required for office work.
- To undertake any other tasks in case of emergency
- Completion of secondary or high school;
- 3 to 5 years driving experience preferably with international NGOs and driving 4x4 vehicles;
- Valid driving license
- Good human relation and communication skills;
- Vehicle maintenance skills shall be an added advantage;
- Must be familiar with Kabul city.
- Basic English knowledge.
- Good understanding of security protocols and procedures related to driving.
- Education title: Completion of secondary or high school
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-06-07