Integration Engineer Team Leader
Vienna | Vienna
Background Information - Job-specific
This position is located in the Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT), Enterprise Applications Centre Vienna (EAC-VN), Vienna Austria, in the Deployment Team and reports to the Chief of the Software Products for Member States Section, Enterprise Application Centre, Vienna. The responsibilities for this role focus on the integration and delivery of sustainable ICT systems and solutions, to support programme and project delivery.
The role of the Information Technology Officer is to:
- Act as Team Lead to the Systems Integration Team, and/or mentor and supervise the work of new/junior staff, contract staff, etc.;
- Coordinate the delivery of integrated and sustainable ICT solutions of significant importance or major components of complex systems;
- Provide expert advice on complex systems analysis, design, integration and implementation;
- Coordinate requirements gathering and specification processes, feasibility analysis, architecture and development, management plan and risk mitigation;
- Identify the need for new systems, modifications to existing systems or to respond to requests from clients;
- Develop plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, development and implementation, including project plans, schedules, time and cost estimates, metrics and performance measures;
- Produce technical reference documentation to be used as guides and
- Track and monitor project progress against plans, requirements, quality measures, standard processes; liaise with clients on all aspects and during all phases of development and implementation;
- Perform any other duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of systems design, and development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex information technology systems. Ability to develop and oversee large centralized or decentralized institutional systems; conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyse and evaluate critical systems matters. Knowledge if ITIL processes. Familiarity with industry standard technologies and systems such as Cisco, HP, EMC, Microsoft Windows are required. Knowledge of the goPortfolio of software products is highly desirable. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors on-going developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to client.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following
Other technical and non-technical staff members of the United Nations and its agencies located at Headquarters and at Field Offices including software developers and architects and infrastructure engineers. Others including external parties, such as governments, non-governmental organizations and international organizations. IT consultants and technical personnel of vendors.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, economics, statistics or related field.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of critical ICT systems is required.
- Experience both at the national and international level and/or in the public and private sector preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, to change work plans if needed due to new priorities, to meet tight deadlines.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: P3
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background information- ECR
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.
Background Information - Development Group Cluster
Based in the New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. For example, within the United Nations Development Programme, the Cluster works with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support and the Office of South-South Cooperation.
The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Vienna | Vienna
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Closing Date: 2017-07-03