Communication and Digital Media Associate (Open to Egyptian Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The Communication and Digital Media Associate effectively promotes the work of UN Women in Egypt within the context of UN Women’s corporate Communication Strategy as well as that for the Country Office. As part of the communications unit, the Communication and Digital Media Associate works under the direct supervision of UN Women Deputy Country Director, covers primary tasks as outlined below, and works in daily coordination with the Communications and Advocacy Associate, including through backstopping on other communications and advocacy tasks.
S/he provides high quality support to planning, communications production, and partnership building in service of UN Women’s mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support implementation of UN Women national communication strategy:
- Ensure proper planning and implementation of programmatic communication activities, in close collaboration with the Communication and Advocacy Associate,
- Ensure that UN Women visibility and branding guidelines are well implemented
- Support communications and advocacy related matters, such as website, newsletters, press releases, publications and audiovisual materials
- Assist in developing human stories based on the success stories from different projects,
- Participate in the UN Communication Group Meetings, and assist in coordinating with other UN agencies on communication and digital media plans,
- Support UN Women Egypt in all public and advocacy events and ensure proper online visibility,
- Organize press conferences and special events commemorating International Days observed by UN Women.
Management of Country Office online platforms:
- Ensure UN Women’s proper visibility across different platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.),
- Maintain UN Women Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and others, with regular posting and respond to messages and comments in a timely manner,
- Manage UN Women Country Office website in coordination with UN Women ICT Associate,
- In collaboration with relevant Country Office units, continuously develop and update content for the UN Women Country Office website
- Develop creative and engaging content for social media platforms promoting the work implemented on the ground and the results achieved.
Planning, monitoring and reporting on digital space and online platforms:
- Develop a plan for enhancing UN Women Egypt presence on digital space following the communication strategy for the office
- Monitor reactions and impressions to UN Women content on the different online platforms
- Develop regular reports on UN Women’s performance on the digital space with recommendations for improvements
Perform other duties as and when required and designated by the supervisor.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
2. Management and Leadership
Required Skills and Experience
- BA in communication, management or development related areas – Mass communication, Public relations, Economics, Public Policy, Development Management.
- Six years of relevant experience in communication and digital media;
- Experience in social media and web management;
- Experience in content development for online platforms;
- Experience in graophic design, photopgraphy and photo editing and/or web design.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Arabic required.