Programme Budget Officer, NOB level -Fixed Term Appointment - Kabul, Afghanitan (Only for Afghan nationals)
PURPOSE OF THE POST Under general supervision of the Resource Mobilization Manager, performs a variety of specialized tasks in support of the preparation, monitoring, management and control of the ACO programme budget and fund involving several different sources of funds and several programmes. Support ACO staff payroll planning, processing and management. Provide various strategic funding and funds utilization reports to management. Sections and field offices, and technical support to staff on contribution management.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the contributions are well managed especially the following :
- Grant management
- Financial implementation report monitoring
- Verification of expenditures against planned budget during the implementation of the grants
- Filing of all the files related to conterbution management and all other financial document.
- Act as focal point for Programme Budget Management
- Retrieves information on costs of programme elements, such as activities, supplies, staff and related costs, from automated files and compiles them in standardized and customized reports.
- Ensure that the PIDB coding are adequately used;
- Provides information on allotment accounts and availability of funds; issues revised sub-allotment; advises and updates allotment lists.
- Provide information for staff payroll planning, processing and management.
- Provide technical support on contribution management to ACO colleagues.
- Prepare inputs for Donor Profiles for fundraising meetings attended by the senior management ;
- Manage around PBAs and ensure that the quality assurance process is done properly and in line with ACO SOP
- Reporting on various financial forms (HACT, Core Budget, Quarterly overall reports, etc) to Ministry of Finance and UN Coordination Office.
- Review the accuracy of financial part with regards to all out going donor reports, proposals and AWPs.
- Review donor funding proposals for accuracy of budget calculation before sending to various donors.
- Provide analytical budget utilization reports during reviews (Mi-year, annual and mi-term review) and meetings (PCM, CMT, etc).
- Monitor and coordinate Budget related documentation is soft copy as well as hard copy.
Impact of Results
Funding management is enhanced through optimal funds utilization in line with donor and organizational agreements/standards.
Donor reports and proposals strengthened through timely quality assurance of financial budgeting and reporting in line with established organizational policies and ACO SOPs. Support programme planning, management and fundraising efforts through financial analysis.
Timely and well planned payroll planning, processing and management.
Education: University degree in finance or Accounting or in a related technical field required.
Training in financial management and accounting principles is an asset.
Experience: Two years’ experience in budget or financial –related work of the organization.
Knowledge of automated budgeting and accounting systems and of the budget preparation and implementation processes in the organization is highly desirable.
Language: Proficiency in written and spoken English, Dari and/or Pashto is required.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: NO-B, National Professional Officer
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-08-14