Consultant for preparation report on monitoring of implementation and follow up «Concept Note on Introduction e-Participation»
The purpose of the project revision is to assist the Government of Azerbaijan to extend the reach of the Information and Communication Technologies with a view to increase efficiency of the public sector institutions, maximize socio-economic impact of ICTs on businesses and people, and to maintain multi-stakeholder dialogue about bridging the digital divide at the regional level. To achieve these complex objectives, the project will pursue multiple partnerships with international organizations (UNDESA, UNECE, UNPAN, UNESCAP and others), national and local authorities in Azerbaijan, civil society, business circles and bilateral partners. The project will have 6 components: 1) Building of national capacities for e-participation; 2) Awareness raising on Open Government data; 3) Establishment of operational framework for TASIM/EurACA; 4) Development of National concept and innovative frameworks for development of knowledge-based and innovative economy; 5) Development of e-Government infrastructure and promotion of e-services; and 6) Organization of 5th Regional Internet Governance Forum.
Duties and Responsibilities
Consultant responsibilities will include activities to support implementation of the “Building of national capacities for e-participation” project component targets and activities.
The main responsibilities of the Consultant will include:
- A brief description of the monitoring methodology of e-Participation Capabilities Analysis in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- To provide an assessment of the current status of the e-Participation Platform in Azerbaijan;
- Investigating and evaluating the national portal creation opportunities in the e-Participation Platform in Azerbaijan and descriptions of the required stages (structure of the portal, working mechanism, coordination of public and private institutions etc.);
- Ensure that the E-Participation Platform in Azerbaijan is investigated, evaluated and provide proposals to eliminate shortcomings;
- Evaluation of the need for a national strategy document on e-Participation in Azerbaijan and preparation of the content of the strategy;
- Evaluating the level of involvement of citizens in e-participation and exploring the possibility of applying new methods;
- Assessment of the performance of the Technology Guidelines given in the "Analysis of e-Participation Opportunities in the Republic of Azerbaijan";
- Reviewing the implementation status of the Action Plan (2015-2018) on the establishment of the e-Participation Platform given in the "Concept Note on Introduction e-Participation";" and its enlargement capabilities;
- Revaluation of international experience in the creation of the e-Participation Platform and the development of its implementation mechanisms in Azerbaijan;
- To ensure the preparation of the Monitoring Report of the "Concept Note on Introduction e-Participation".
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking;
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills in the English language;
- Analytical thinking;
- Proficient computer skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Consultant will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
1. Lowest price and technically compliant offer
When using this method, the award of a contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) offering the lowest price/cost
“responsive/compliant/acceptable” can be defined as fully meeting the TOR provided.
- University degree in public administration, political science, international relations, development studies or other relevant disciplines; (15 points)
- At least 5 years experience of internationally accepted standards; (15 points)
- Familiarity with the United Nations system and experience at the UN administrative and management work with appropriate knowledge of issues on Information and Communication Technologies; (20 points)
- Approach to the work - (20 points)
The minimum threshold for technical part of the offers is 70%.
The system accepts only one attachement, so please send both technical and financial offers as one attachment.
The assignment will be a combination of field and office works.
During the assignment international travel is expected (International DSA is USD 220) and it is should be included into financial proposal.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Baku
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-21