Technical Youth Assistant "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The Youth Technical Assistant will undertake and support the NRC Youth Programme in Za’atari D08 by: participating in implementation on a daily basis in the Youth Training Center, supporting the education process, conducting field outreach with the camp community, and monitoring day-to-day implementation and coordination with the Youth Officer.
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to daily labors and/or contractors and evaluates individual performance.
- Monitors the progress of activities of assigned daily labor and or contractors and ensures they are implemented conform planning and quality standards.
- Develops own weekly activity planning.
- Provides CC technical support to beneficiaries.
- Adheres to NRC policies CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Identifies gaps, problems in the implementation area of own activities.
- Prepares and files accurate records of project activities and ensures all information is accurate and available in time.
- Monitors and supports the whole process of the designated classes from lesson plan progress, trainers’ progress, curriculum implementation, and students’ skills acquired.
- Identifies any development needs in the courses and class flow and search for solutions with the involvement of the specialized trainer.
- Conducts outreach activities with the Syrian refugee community and serve as a link between NRC programs and the local community.
- Submits written field reports after community mobilization sessions, and monitoring reports.
- Forms training programs to support educational improvements and curricular activities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate who holds a degree in education or social sciences OR a proven capacity to work with youth/child or in a camp setting, Excellent organizational and planning skills, Energetic and motivated individuals with a passion for education/ youth and a desire to work with Syrian refugees, Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), Prior experience with local or international NGOs in support of refugee populations is an asset. Able to maintain smooth, clear and professional communication with the beneficiaries, Professional communication skill in dealing with external partners and internal departments at NRC.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Through 31st December, 2017 (Renewable according to funding and performance review)
Salary/benefits: 842 JD's subject to social security.
Duty station: Zaatari Camp
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Zataari (Jordan)
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Social studies
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-10-10