Financial Analyst - Global Fund Management Unit (GFMU)
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
Title: Financial Analyst - Global Fund Management Unit (GFMU)
Department: GMFU/Finance & Accounting
Based in Washington DC
Up to 15% international travel
Reports to the GFMU Finance Manager
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to help us provide support to PSI's newly established, Global Fund Management Unit. The position is a member of the Finance team, reporting to the GFMU Finance Manager, but closely collaborating with the GFMU to provide valuable financial expertise and insights into the financial performance of our awards. This position will support the Global Fund projects currently in Haiti, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, and South Sudan.
We are looking for someone with finance acumen along with strong business and analytical abilities. The Financial Analyst will play a critical role in supporting the GFMU team with support of the Finance Manager, will be responsible for providing financial services for domestic and overseas program staffs on a range of finance issues. This position will be based in Washington, DC and requires approximately 15% overseas travel
Sound like you? Read on.
- Lead financial analysis to identify trends, flag potential issues, and recommend actions to senior management.
- Assist with the development of tools and processes to better financially manage/monitor projects.
- Collaborate with the program management team to perform the Monthly Project Financial Review and analyze project budgets, actual expenses, commitments, obligations, and burn rates.
- Assist with the monitoring of Sub Recipients
- Coordinate the creation of quarterly and annual forecasts, monitor the pipeline of bids and proposals, and perform a gap analysis.
- Maintain/Update a dashboard to monitor the financial health of the GFMU
- Develop strong understanding of Global Fund regulations/policies
- Build strong relationships with country teams and HQ departments.
- Review financial reports prior to submission.
- Assist in developing annual operating budgets as well as project budgets in collaboration with the program management team and Cost and Pricing.
- Build analytical capacity in the field and on the GFMU team in collaboration with the Field Finance Support Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills and financial expertise
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Expert Excel user, including pivot tables and advanced functions; familiarity with data query tools is helpful (Access, SQL)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in fluent English
- Comfortable interacting with senior management
Icing on the cake
- You have worked with West and Central African countries in a non-governmental organization (NGO) environment
- You are familiar with Global Fund rules and regulations
- You are a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent
- You have experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and Infor Lawson
- You speak and write French fluently
- You are a team player who smiles and encourages others through easy and tough tasks
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Junior
- Banking and Finance
- HIV and AIDS
- Closing Date: 2018-04-20