FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization _______________________________________________________________________________________
The Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (MoAL) will implement the recently approved Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP). The project aims to support the implementation of the Ethiopiaâs Livestock Master Plan (LMP, 2015-2020). More specifically, it aims to increase productivity and commercialization of producers and processors in selected value chains, strengthen service delivery systems in the livestock and fisheries sectors, and respond promptly and effectively to an eligible crisis or emergency. To assist the MoAL in implementing the project, the Government of Ethiopia requested FAOâs technical assistance through the Unilateral Trust Fund (UTF) Mechanism. Subsequently, the MoAL requested FAO technical assistance to prepare the UTF.
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Ethiopia, the technical guidance of Animal Production and Genetics Unit (AGAG) staff and the Fisheries experts of RAF and SFE and the direct supervision of the Head Livestock and Pastoralism Thematic Programme, the incumbent will implement the activities listed in the TCP-ETH-3701-C1 project.
Livestock and fisheries development
Tasks and responsibilities
- The incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities\:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING Minimum Requirements Nationals of Ethiopia; University degree with postgraduate qualification in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Animal Health, Fisheries and/or related fields. At least 10 years of proven experience in in the agriculture/livestock domains, Proficiency in English language FAO Core Competencies Results Focus Teamwork Communication and negotiating skills (with government institutions) Building effective relationships Technical/Functional Skills Excellent computer skills Good analytical skills with strong orientation to details Work experience in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting Experience in project development Skills in project development and management (Experience in the design of Unilateral Thrust Fund projects is an advantage) Experience in an international institution, UN or NGOs is an advantage.
- Ensure the timely implementation of the activities according to the time frame set out in the work plan and make recommendations for any required procedures and changes to the project
- Establish contact and working arrangements with appropriate staff of MoALR and other departments and organisations
- Organize the consultations and communications with MoAL Task Force and other relevant stakeholders, coordinate their contributions, and prepare minutes/reports of consultationsâ meetings/workshops;
- Prepare and organize the assessment (survey) of MoLF capacities in centralized and decentralized offices;
- Liaison with national and local authorities to carry out visits
- Draft and finalize all documents foreseen in the TCPf prodoc (Project Concept Note; Report of the Assessment of MoALâs capacities and needs)
- Prepare draft UTF project document for review by key stakeholders and ensure the finalisation and approval of the UTF project document.
- Prepare monthly Progress Reports;
- Provide any other assistance required for the implementation of the TCPf.
- Prepare a Terminal Report at the end of the assignment, describing in detail the activities undertaken in relation to the Terms of Reference, major results achieved, problems encountered and progress towards the achievement of the specific objectives of the project
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO
and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23\:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT