National Project Coordinator
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization _______________________________________________________________________________________
The Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (MoAL) will implement the recently approved Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP). The project aims to support the implementation of the Ethiopiaâs Livestock Master Plan (LMP, 2015-2020). More specifically, it aims to increase productivity and commercialization of producers and processors in selected value chains, strengthen service delivery systems in the livestock and fisheries sectors, and respond promptly and effectively to an eligible crisis or emergency. To assist the MoAL in implementing the project, the Government of Ethiopia requested FAOâs technical assistance through the Unilateral Trust Fund (UTF) Mechanism. Subsequently, the MoAL requested FAO technical assistance to prepare the UTF.
Livestock and fisheries development
Tasks and responsibilities
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-09-03