MRE Assistant (2)
Job Description Template
Mine/ERW Risk Education (MRE)/ MRE Assistant
Title: Mine/ERW Risk Education (MRE)/ MRE Assistant
Location: Shabwa, with frequent travel to BAYHAN and Osaylan districts
Start of Contract & Duration: 15/7/ 2018 to 31/12/2018, renewal subject to performance and fund availability.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. Using right-based approaches, DRC has mainly focused on refugees, migrants and internally displaced People by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food security/livelihoods and mine risks education, amongst others. DRC has hub offices in Sana’a, Aden, Hodeida and several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict affected population in Yemen, DRC is seeking the services of a qualified MRE Team Leader to support our team in Shabwa governorate.
Providing mine/ERW risk education in mine/ERW impacted communities, IDPs residence and schools (children and Adult) for the purpose of raising their awareness and promoting behavioral change towards mine/ERW and to reduce the risk of injury from mines and ERW.
- Deliver MRE session to beneficiaries in assigned communities, schools and IDPs residence, close cooperation with local authorities, education departments and head of communities.
- Collect and compile mine/ERW victim (Children 1-18 age) information according format during MRE sessions and report provide to TL daily base on this.
- Check all equipment and training material of the team for any damages in a daily basis and report accordingly.
- Keep record of daily, weekly and monthly MRE activities in the team task dossier.
- Report the progress daily, weekly and monthly to the TL.
- Report to TL on any newly discovered mine/ERW accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines and UXOs in the operation area, which that report by local people.
- Ensure good communication and coordination with local communities.
- Follow up daily approved operational work plan, in case of any change inform TL and MRE coordinator.
- Brief the visitors and supervisors in the field with regards to MRE work in the community, school and IDPs resonance.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the TL and MRE coordinator
a) Reports to: MRE Team Leader
b) Subordinates: N/A
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework into the work of DRC (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
- One-year experience in the MRE field or has worked for a minimum of 2 years with local displaced and war affected communities.
- Knowledge of local communities in Shabwa, including Internal Displaced People (IDPs), Returnees and war affected communities.
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills and be able to use and communicate via emails
- Willing and able to work among very poor communities for long hours in the field.
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities.
- Computer knowledge e.g. Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), scanning, and can use internet.
- Proven experience in teaching or addressing groups of people
- Proven experience in liaising with local and government authorities
High school graduate, prefer to university degree in Social Science, Education or relevant.
- Arabic –fluency
- excellent English skills – speaking, reading and writing preferred
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Shabwah (Yemen)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Mine Action and Weapon Contamination
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25