Assistant to the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile background materials, information notes, and letters on various topics related to the UN operation.
- Provide Eng-Ukr translation of various documents, including incoming and outgoing communications.
- Support organization of events and meetings by distributing and coordinating invitations.
- Provide support to missions, including incoming ones and of the RCO staff.
- In the absence of Executive Associate to UN Resident Coordinator, provide day-to-day support to UN Resident Coordinator as required.
- Assist with other tasks as required by the team.
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Youth Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Planned activities and daily course of work are executed accurately and timely according to the agreed schedule and contribute to effective UN coordination support.
- The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
Required Skills and Experience
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
United Nations Volunteers reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this opening for other openings with United Nations Volunteers with similar assignment description, experience and educational requirements.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kiev (Ukraine)
- Grade: National UN Volunteer - Locally recruited Volunteer
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05