Behaviour Change Communication Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The FAO Bhutan Country Office (CO) is under double representation arrangement where FAO Representative sits in FAO Office Nepal. CO, headed by Assistant FAO Representative (Program), oversees the program in the country. The proposed Unilateral Trust Fund (UTF) project, entitled Technical Assistance Support to Food Security and Agriculture Productivity (TA-FSAPP), presents technical assistance (TA) actions requested by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests (MoAF) of the Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) to be undertaken by FAO in association with a project called Food Security and Agriculture Productivity Project (FSAPP).
The FSAPP is a five-year project financed by a US$8 million grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Programme (GAFSP). The World Bank is the supervising entity of the FSAPP. Including the government and beneficiary contributions, the total cost of FSAPP is US$9.3 million.
Similarly, the project on âCapacity development and communication for improved nutrition outcomes in rural householdsâ implemented by Tarayana Foundation and supported by World Bank through the SAFANSI grant aims to improve dietary diversity and care practices of pregnant and nursing women in remote rural areas in Bhutan, to address malnutrition in 1,000-day window of opportunity. This project is implemented in Tading Gewog under Samtse Dzongkhag. The project aims to achieve its objective through two components- Component 1 identification of change agents and social drivers of diet/care practices and Component 2 development of digital content and community discussions.
One of the main concerns is sustaining the benefits after the projectâs life ends. The project has agreed to develop strategy for behaviour change communication so that the interventions identified and implemented are coherent, aligned to national policies and long-term goals of the nation.
The Consultant report to Project Director, PMU-DoA/AFAOR, FAO Bhutan. The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAOR
Development of communication materials on nutrition and health for wider dissemination of information and to develop BCC Strategy for Nutrition and relevant communication materials.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks\:
- Masterâs degree in Communication, Food and Nutrition, Social Science or a closely related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the areas similar projects elsewhere and possess experiences in preparing BCC Strategy
- Working knowledge (C Level) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (B Level) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Bhutan
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2018-09-18