The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. Using right-based approaches, DRC has mainly focused on refugees, migrants and internally displaced People by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food security/livelihoods and mine risks education, amongst others. DRC has hub offices in Sana’a, Aden, Hodeida and several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict affected population in Yemen, DRC is seeking the services of a qualified Information Management Assistant to support our MEAL team.
The Information Management Assistant is responsible for establishing and maintaining the project database with support from the FSL team. Ensure that day to day documentation functions are performed in accordance with DRC policies, agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). S/he supports and contributes to the organization and consolidation of all beneficiary data.
- Assist in the development of forms, tools and databases for capturing project implementation.
- Collect, organize and store all supporting documents related to the entered data in designated locations.
- Cross-check documents and work on completing any incomplete information.
- Ensuring timely, accurate and consistent data entry whether from field teams or implementing partners into the database, while checking the accuracy of source documents.
- Enter data into web interface or any other platform as requested.
- Support data analysis and contribute in producing reports in various formats including graphs, charts etc.
- Provide technical support to DRC staff on the specific data required in relation to the different indicators they are monitoring (telephone support or travel to other offices) as required.
- Train DRC and partner staff on the use of the databases or cross-examining database submitted by partners when required.
- Ensure reliability and quality of the database
- Ensure that data cleaning is done for the database eliminating/minimizing multiple-counting or other errors.
- Work closely with the MEAL Officer through data quality checks and data-analysis.
- Support in the sharing of data and information with counterparts and clusters as requested by the FSL Coordinator.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of the data gathered on field level.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or degree in computer Sciences/Information Systems/Information Technology or related technical field.
- Any Microsoft certifications in Access and related programs. Proficient in word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in database design or database administration, and/or data management.
- Experience in the humanitarian or development sector an advantage.
- Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
- Ability/willingness to move to different field locations.
- Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic.
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times.
How to Apply (Application Process):
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 18th October, 2018. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, DRC may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please mention your name on the uploaded CV file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.